Sydney/NSW 2012 Sydney Mini Sunday 08/07/12 - Please Confirm Your Attendance

T

tonylights

Hello Eddy,
I will definitely be there on the 8 July .
regards, Tony Lights

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
To get access to the loading dock (Yeah I'll be bring a few things that I dont want to carry too far) whats the best way to get the needed paperwork?

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Lithgow will also be needing a 10 tonne crane, suitable fork lift and four nice ladies to help....

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Haha, I might pass on the crane, but a small tribe to carry the good may well be usefull thanks :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ok the Sydney mini is approaching fast, so time to start getting some things in place.

We have a few prizes to give away as door prizes which currently stand as

LSP v2.5 advanced
AVD24 channel DC DMX controller and LOR to DMX data adaptor
200 metres of 3mm heatshrink

Expect this this list to grow

Now for the agenda for the day.

The morning will be spent with some introductions and a presentation done by Phil on the different software types available. I will be doing a demo of LSP v2.5.

Now we can then just have an open session from there where people will list down what info they can provide and members can then decide to see the members they want to get the info they need.

I will provide a surface mounting soldering session and a pic programming session using the strobes for those that are interested which will be a hands on excersise for those involved. I am also available to talk about DMX, E1.31 and RGB lighting.

I am also planning on bring 12 x 2811 strips so we can quickly put together and program a 12 strip tree by just laying the strip on the ground for this excersise.

So any other suggestions will be great as for this mini we are taking a less structured approach which should allow a lot more 1 on 1 time with eachother so if your interested in something then please post it so we can accomodate your needs.

Last thing is food for the day, are we happy if we organise one of the attendees to organise a buffet of food for all and then we can pay on the day to be eligable for the prize draw. I would expect $10 to $20 each would easily cover our needs for the day

Anyway now is the time to give some input so we can finalize the plan

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
Lithgow and other attendee's,
I'll send you a parking pass to access the loading docks plus instructions to keep security on side.

[/color] I have everyone's parking passes ready, but was waiting to about a week prior to the mini before issuing (encase numbers change)
[/color] Lithgow, consider yourself on the loading dock list. Anyone else? Any special requests?

[/color]Just a note that the ceiling in the function room is about 9 foot tall. Sorry to limit the mega tree display if some is planning on building one!
[/color] I'm happy to arrange catering for the day. What would we like for morning tea/lunch/ afternoon tea? Once we have decided I will work out the cost and collect payment on the day.

[/color]Craig (Shire)

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
I'm confirmed btw and may be plus one for lunch if we have a seafood lunch, otherwise mrs is just going shopping for the day.

No pass needed, i'm just going to bring laptop.

Cheers
Phil

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Thanks for the pass list. As for lunch I'm bringing 3 others (Wife, Daughter and Son), but first 2 will me making their own way through the market and into Sydney, leaving myself and Son for food. Anything is fine with us, including seafood, sandwiches, whatever.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Im the same whatever is easy for lunch. I am happy with. just happy to be going really anything else is a plus

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Am still loking forward to this event.
Will be coming up wit my Wife and probably daughter too. They are more than likely to come say hello then go and do some shopping. I cant eat seafood due to my allergy but I dont mind if you guys do, I will just get something else.
If I bring a dumb rgb strip, could we cut it up and re power it at your solder station Eddy?
I can bring my notebook and a Lor dc controller and if the psu has arrived, will bring that too. Plan on getting a fm transmitter but I dont know if I will have that in time.
Cheers
John

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Christmas in the Shire said:
Lithgow and other attendee's,
I'll send you a parking pass to access the loading docks plus instructions to keep security on side.

I have everyone's parking passes ready, but was waiting to about a week prior to the mini before issuing (encase numbers change)
Lithgow, consider yourself on the loading dock list. Anyone else? Any special requests?

Just a note that the ceiling in the function room is about 9 foot tall. Sorry to limit the mega tree display if some is planning on building one!
I'm happy to arrange catering for the day. What would we like for morning tea/lunch/ afternoon tea? Once we have decided I will work out the cost and collect payment on the day.

Craig (Shire)

Ill be needing a loading dock pass as ill have a few things with me