Sydney/NSW 2012 Sydney Mini Sunday 08/07/12 - Please Confirm Your Attendance

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Guys i would like to start getting some confirmed numbers for the day and some suggestions on what will be in the agenda.

Date: Sunday 8th of July. (08/07/12)
Time: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Venue: Sydney Fish Markets (conference room) refer to this post for directions and location
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2227.msg19521.html#msg19521

I plan to show LSP and hope to have a beta version by then to show off. I think a large chunck of time in the afternoon should be open discussion and show and tell as i think people get more out of that than anything else. But would like to fill the morning up with a few things.

So lets start getting this formalized and get the confirmed numbers. A parking pass must be handed out before the day so you can get free parking next to the venue, so please confirm your attendance.

For those that have never been to a mini or dont know what its about, well its a place where we all meet to learn from eachother and see hands on examples of members creations and ideas as well as different controllers, types of RGB lights and many more things that can be seen and discussed on the day. Everyone always comes away with new ideas and are more knowledgable for the experience.

List of Interested/confirmed members

1: Fasteddy (confirmed)
2: cscool36 (confirmed)
3: Random (confirmed)
4: wjohn (if he is around)
5: Jim
6: talk2coxie (unable to attend)
7: Yagoona Lights (confirmed)
8: Westy27 (confirmed)
9: Wombat (confirmed)
10: JPB (confirmed)
11: LithgowLights + 1(confirmed)
12: Christmas in the Shire (confirmed)
13: G.Hain
14: grahami2006 (unable to attend)
15: dpavisic (confirmed)
16: tonylights (confirmed)
17: AussiePhil (confirmed)
18: Lytnin (confirmed)
19: john_s_sub (confirmed)
20: edwin2168 (confirmed)
21: Peter H (confirmed)
22: bbayjohn + 1 (confirmed)
23: Beatsmushin (confirmed)
24: Chipping Norton Lights (confirmed)
25: Johnny + 1 (confirmed)

westy27

Apprentice elf
Im in, Venue sounds great and ill hopefully have 1 or 2 panels of my pixicle matrix to bring along and show.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Agenda items I'd like to see:

LSP Demo - Eddy
Vixen 3 Demo - ??? (Not me, have no interest in it)
Hardware demo's and displays - group, but items like pixel controllers (E16, PIXAD8, P12R etc), DMX Boards (27 chan, various 3 chan, some of the AVD boards etc)
Home made item demo's - Group, such as Eddy's candy canes, my RGB balls, toadstools, some coro creations etc
I'll have a waterproofing talk done for melbourne I can do (10-15 mins max). I'd also love to present the dealing with the Chinese suppliers that Tess or Bruce will be doing (If they dont mind sharing)
Surface mount soldering demo would be great if possible
6803 Vs 2801 Vs 16 bit pixel fading demo
Cat5 creation (As per YL's suggestion). I can bring crimper, cable, connections and people can have a go.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
i agree all the above would be great to see.
i would also like to see something on terminating a DMX signal and how others have done it.
Also if there is anyone has any tips on videoing your display to get the best results. as i know this is a area i need to work on.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I will have the strobes by then and can bring my soldering gear and we can solder and program a couple of strobes with some hands on from anyone that wants to give it a go

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
While I will hopefully have done some if the parts arrive in time, I'd love to see it done by someone else, so yes please

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
I have a few questions regarding how the day is going to run in order to ensure I have everything taken care of well before the event. My wife is due with our third child and I will be finishing work this Friday. So I need to lock in the details of what needs to be done before I go on annual leave for a month.
Would we like to do a morning tea and afternoon tea? Have free flowing coffee, tea and soft drinks all day?
If so, would we all like to put in for some basic in house catering? I was thinking about $10-$15 each? This would cover morning tea, afternoon tea, coffee, tea, soft drinks, and water all day. $15 may also cover lunch if we self cater - depending on numbers. Do we want to self cater for lunch?
Expect to pay between $15.00 and $20.00 for a basic seafood lunch. Are we happy to purchase individual lunches? Is everyone looking for a seafood lunch? We may be able to get a better deal as a group buying for 10-15 people rather than purchasing individual portions.
Thoughts?
Are there any other needs for the day I can get on top of now? I will only have a week or so at work prior to the Sydney Mini (after my I've taken a month of leave) to finalise any arrangement through SFM.
The room we have booked is massive plenty of space to set up display elements (examples of our CLAP). The ceiling is about 9 foot tall; however there is plenty of room to build mega trees and other taller structures on the mezzanine level outside the room. The function room and mezzanine level is naturally quiet dark, so illumination of flashy stuff will be brilliant!
Let me know what is needed and I will ensure we can accommodate it.
Cheers
Craig (Christmas in the Shire)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
As far as food, in the past its been a situation where we all throw in for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, the cost in the past has been around the $15 mark for the coffee, softdrinks and morning/afternoon tea and lunch. If we do go the self catering way then we need to organise who will be bring the food for the day.

Besides the food and drinks it appears the venue has all the essentials like a projector, power outlets, and even a microphone, so looks like not much needs to be done there.

So in reality its just the food and drinks and carpark pass that needs to be organised. The days agenda will be worked on over the next week or 2. I have also sent a PM to all NSW members that were in the members list today informing them of the mini, so hopefully we may get a couple of extras that way.

I think also we just need to know what people may bring so we can plan on where they may be best setup