Adelaide/SA 2014 Adelaide "Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 CONFIRMED

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Re: Adelaide 2014 "The Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 Maybe

High Definition.

and wow, flying in from NZ... Geeze, we better put on a good event then.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Re: Adelaide 2014 "The Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 Maybe

Na as my first time I will be green so you could show me anything and I wud b impressed. LOL
Just in flux moving from 6 years of using AL controllers now getting converted tp LOR. Off to USA end of month and catching up with Drew Hickman in Kansas City for some training etc....

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

well by the end of the mini, we will hopefully have you converted to LSP and driving thousands of channels of pixels ontop of your current lights

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ

I am open to be converted. I tossed up between LOR and AL and chose AL but should have gone LOR. I am open to being converted and am at the point of expanding from 64 ASL 120V/230V channels to heaps more. Have around 150,000 lights so need to het my A-back-into-G. Very exciting stuff.
Made a whole bunch of stars and trees for as charity show in Dec but am ready to get bigger. I will leave my purchases till I am convinced as to what way to go....please start convincing me.....

adski

Dave Brown

I'm in - the date slots in neatly between my sled dog races - and I'm happy to cover the Vixen 3 stuff again, unless Alec wants to take over of course.

Dave

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer

Dave you did an exellent job last year, the is no way i could even measure up..
I'll leave Vixen in the Best hands, thats your's :D

caffeine

Full time elf
Re: 2014 Adelaide "The Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 Maybe

I'm not a South Australian, but can I suggest a slight name change to:
Christmas Light and Programming Mini Expo?

CLAP-ME would seem an appropriate acronym....

Boof63

Senior elf
Re: 2014 Adelaide "The Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25 Maybe

At this point will be pencilled in for at least the sunday if not commited to sporting requirements.

cheers Boof63

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

caffeine said:
I'm not a South Australian, but can I suggest a slight name change to:
Christmas Light and Programming Mini Expo?

CLAP-ME would seem an appropriate acronym....

Yes very nice.. Will consider that.. hahaha

Boof63 said:
At this point will be pencilled in for at least the sunday if not commited to sporting requirements.

cheers Boof63

no problems.. will add it anyways

Ozemate

New elf

I am in this year health permitting

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer

Might need a topi change now that the date is confirmed

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Re: 2014 Adelaide "The Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25

AAH said:
Might need a topi change now that the date is confirmed

I will change the title when the venue is confirmed.. lol, maybe this weekend / monday

mick8248

Full time elf
Re: 2014 Adelaide "Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25

Matt you can count me in again too.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Re: 2014 Adelaide "Christmas Light & Computer Control Mini Expo" May 24-25

Just for everyone's situational awareness. The only holdup we have at the moment is receiving the A. O.K. from the main man in charge of venues. This delay is to ensure that there are no major events planned at that stage at the facility as this is a major time in the year for weddings (as you could imagine from such a beautiful looking venue). Keep in mind, the venue that we have used would cost corporate organisations well over $1k to use for the same timings and that doesn't include all the extra's we get.

If this venue is unavailable on the dates, we will try to secure a different date or a different (defenately less attractive) venue.