Melbourne/Vic 2014 - Melbourne Mini - 17th to 18th of May

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Mines Pepsi Max but Coke zero'll do the same job. I'm happy to help out where I can, I'm no expert in any one area but I know LSP and can help with anything to do with electrickery.......

diyer

Full time elf
I am a complete newb at computer control so I will be picking peoples brains on choice of software would be best for me.
After several years of "yeah I'll do it this year" and running out of time, I got into the right mind set and got motivated in January to build dumb RGB leaping arches (95% complete) dumb RGB stars on poles with three channel LED light string wraps (95% complete) and a 20 string three metre high spiral blue LED tree (50% complete)
By show time I should be pretty much complete an have all of the control boards wired etc. and maybe looking for some inspiration of what to build next!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to the forum diyer. Will catch you at the mini.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
5 weeks to go and a fair few places available.
If you are bringing anything along that people can play with or connect up to then either let me know or post in here.

I'll have my lappy with LOR S3, Vixen 3, LSP, Xllights/Nutcracker, Papagayo, da_dmx, da_e131 and plenty of other apps on it.

I'll bring some 2811 pixels, 2801 pixels, rgb dumb lights, J1 Sys P2, usb dongles, AAHmega60 and various other bits and pieces.

A few more lappys and E1.31 interfaces will be handy for people to have a play with and some more pixels will go down well. If you're bringing any pixels attached to an interface make sure that there's a bit of paperwork handy to say what is attached to make it easy to connect to.

The rough draft of a schedule is at http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/2014_Mini_%28Melbourne%29
Part of day 1 and a few hrs of day 2 have been allocated to playing around and actually controlling lights. I've just shuffled day 2 around so that from lunchtime on can be spent in and around the lights.

gerry

Senior elf
Would it be possible to have a practical demonstration of how to fix pixel strips where a pixel has failed eg identify , remove and reconnect ?

ewanh

what goes here?
Hi Alan,

I can bring my laptop with LSP 2.5 (haven't upgraded yet - hoping to be enlightened at the mini), vixen and whatever else you need installed.
Can bring 27ch ray wu's, and some strings, got an old LOR board or two, an AVD 48 ch, or my E-16 with 2801 pixels if need be... let me know what you would like.....

Ewan

ewanh

what goes here?
Offer for all Melb Mini attendees:

Friends business has upgraded all their 19" displays, going out at $10 each. I will deliver to the Melb mini is you would like one (or more). Let me know requirements by next Monday (21st April), payment on delivery at the mini.

Happy if the offer gets moved, but couldn't work out the best forum/folder ......

Ewan

livetoride

Full time elf
Hey ewan if you have any left on Sunday Id love to grab 3 if there lcds for a flight simulator I'm planning on building :)