Adelaide/SA 2015 Adelaide Mini - June 20/21

Karob

Let there be Light!
Re: 2015 Adelaide Mini - June 20/21 - Last Chance to rescue

Hi Eric

Would love to have you at the Mini

The Mini will be held over the 2 days, with lots to cover it would be too hard to cover in depth in one day, Once we have more numbers committed we will release a program and ask for presenters.

Time will be around the 9am start, this will allow country visitors the chance to get into Adelaide.

If there is anything you would personalty like covered in the mini please let me know.

Rob

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

thecrazylightlady said:
Hey Rob,
Jason and I will be there both days

You need to register at the top of this thread

Karob

Let there be Light!

Adelaide Mini update time.

We can confirm the following for the Adelaide Mini

Date: Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st June 2015
Time: Set up at 9:30am Start -10:00am Finish 4:00pm (lunch break at 12:30)
Venue:242 Glenn Osmond Rd, Fullarton (Geek, thank you to Geek and Elnino for the venue)
Cost: TBA

I will have some more details about topics and presenters very soon, let me know what topics you would like to discuss or present.

Don't forget to register at the top of the screen

We will also announce on Tuesday a special guest from outside of SA

Stay tuned for the exciting update.

Kitman

Full time elf
Re: 2015 Adelaide Mini - June 20/21 - Register your Attendance to this exciting time

Well my Chief Finance officer has given me a leave of absence note for the Saturday, however I owe her dinner and a movie on the Sunday for her birthday (I am sure that won't repay in full) so I will be able to attend on the Saturday for the full day. I have already registered.

Topics that I am interested in are kind of introduction to sort of stuff, I know a lot about networking (been an IT tech for 15 years)so I have that covered, soldering and circuit board based stuff I am good with also (used to repair Plasma and LCD TV's) but the main thing I would like to know about are the controllers, software, and maybe differences with the types of RGB strings (I know it's mainly just the chip that is different but are say WS2811 chips better or worse than WS2801 for example) If that's even an issue.

Otherwise being a newbie to this any basic traps for new players kind of stuff is good also.

Just my thoughts.
Looking forward to meeting others with this incurable condition CLAP

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Re: 2015 Adelaide Mini - June 20/21 - Register your Attendance to this exciting time

Looks like everyone can blame Ron, but i will now be attending on both sat an sun

DonKirk

New elf

Hi Rob and All Please excuse my question. Ive just downloaded Tapatalk. How do i register at the top like you asked?
Regarding topics. I was going to buy the megatree kit from holiday Coro @945 USD plus freight. Seems to have all i need. Except star and sequences. Offer expiresSunday.
Your invite was timely because i can probably build more effectively with local knowledge.
Ill hold off buying till we meet.
Looking forward to meeting the local light guru's.
I assume you have a projector for the meeting if you need a PA and microphone (s) let me know. I don't live far from the venue.
Ill be at the Mega Toy Fair all weekend with my other passion. TOYS TOYS TOYS
Cheers Eric

DonKirk

New elf

Karob said:
2015 Adelaide Mini, Register your attendance

Date : 20th / 21st June 2015
Time : Set up at 9:30am Start -10:00am Finish 4:00pm (lunch break at 12:30)
Venue : Elnino has provided a central location on Glen Osmond Road at Fullarton
Cost : TBA

More details via the wiki
: http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/2015_Mini_(Adelaide)

If people can reply with their availability to come on this date it will be much appreciated. If we can get enough people together to hold a mini we can work out what to discuss from there.

If all else fails we will organise a meet and greet at a venue to yet be decided.

I will update this post as members advise me they are available and if available for both days or 1.

So far I confirm the following members are available.

Karob - Sat / Sun
Elnino - Sat / Sun
Crazylightlady - Sat / Sun
Darylc - Sat / Sun
Mellowcouple - Sat / Sun
Damo1271 - Sat / Sun
Adski - Sat / Sun
DonKirk (Eric). Sat/Sun

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator

Hi Eric,

Yes I'm sure the locals and the mini can guide you on a journey of discovery and learning and saving money.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator

DonKirk said:
Hi Rob and All Please excuse my question. Ive just downloaded Tapatalk. How do i register at the top like you asked?

Hiya! If you could login to the forum directly (not through Tapatalk) you'll then find a green button labelled Register above the original post and all the replies. Click that button and then you can select the amount of people (the default is 1) and finally you can use the comment box to say if you are coming both days or just sat or sun. Left blank, we'll assume you are attending both days :)

jb09

HOHOHO NOT LONG TO GO

Ryan can we have a list on who has yes to attending

darylc

404 darylc not found

jb09 said:
Ryan can we have a list on who has yes to attending

roo1Registered 27 May 2015
AussiePhil1Registered 26 May 2015
smartalec1Registered 25 May 2015
mellowcouple1Registered 22 May 2015
elnino1Registered 21 May 2015
Kitman1Registered 20 May 2015
Karob1Registered 20 May 2015
jb091Registered 19 May 2015
i131Registered 18 May 2015
damo12711Registered 18 May 2015
adski1Registered 18 May 2015
darylc1Registered 18 May 2015

Regards,
Ryan

Karob

Let there be Light!

Hi Eric

I am sure after the mini your head will be spinning with all these great ideas about your display, with this information you will be able to get a mega tree set up that is your own set up for next to nothing cost wise and to your needs. Thank you for the microphone offer we have that part sorted (please jump in Ryan if I am incorrect, we have use of led screens for presentations so we should be good on that front)

I will be posting shortly a preliminary schedule of topics for both days, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I will also private message some of you that I already know with questions regarding presentations, if anyone has a idea or would like to offer a talk please private message me.

Rob

Karob

Let there be Light!

Fellow Adelaide Mini goers

Attached is a schedule of the upcoming Adelaide 2015 Mini,

The times and topics are subject to change but so far these topics have been offered by presenters as items for discussion.

Feedback is most welcome as the mini is all about what you want to get out of your MINI.

As you can see there are still blocks open for filling, so if you see a topic that you want covered please let me know, of if you have a topic you would like to present please contact me with your requirements.

Also it is not too late to register your interest in attending the mini, so do not be shy click on the register button at the top of the page and come help spread the CLAP.

Attachments

• ADELAIDE MINI 2015 SCHEDULE.jpg
    ADELAIDE MINI 2015 SCHEDULE.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 40

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator

Looks pretty full Rob... hopefully all the attendees review and provide feedback.