Melbourne/Vic 2015 Melbourne mini

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It's about time to start organising the Melbourne mini. I can't organise a venue unless people feel like heading to Bendigo and my 60x30 shed is capable of holding a fair few people. I'm hoping that someone else a lot closer to Melbourne will step up and do the organising but I'm quite happy to help out.
This year I'm hoping that we can do a bit more hands on stuff with some pixels and I imagine the FPP Pi player and Xlights 4 will feature a fair bit. Hopefully both LOR and LSP will have new updates out but I wouldn't hold your breath. I personally am pretty flexible for just about any weekend in May or June. A tentative date of May 30-31, 2015 has been thrown up which is the weekend after the Sydney mini/Vivid lighting festival.

Any possible venue needs to be pretty much available 9-5 for the Saturday and Sunday, have seating for about 30(ish) and have room to set up tables for showing off controllers, lights etc.

Video from a few of the previous Melbourne and other minis is at https://www.youtube.com/user/AusChristmasLighting

multicast

Senior elf
CNC design probably will be available, minus the warehouse that was used last year. So, there is the training room + kitchen area.. Might be nice for a change of location anyway..

gerry

Senior elf
I don't have a venue to offer, but am most happy to help in any organizational matters.

Am currently in India but back in Mel 3rd Feb and monitoring this forum - (even though it is my daughters wedding reception on Sunday) - now that is CLAP for you !

bjpc2716

who dares win
8) look like cannot make is year wrong weekend party to go to could change the dates then I could came

bjpc2716

who dares win
8) yesterday spoke to driver he would love to came to our mini and show us things if we can change the date to16-17th of may

AAH

Any more interest in the mini?
Hopefully this year Xlights 4, updated LOR, updated LSP and goodies from Falcon Christmas including updates to the Falcon Player (formerly Falcon Pi Player, FPP) will be among the topics.

AAH

Re: 2015 Melbourne mini lighting expo

As you are the 1st of the 4(?) people to commit to coming so far I am happy to lock in the weekend of the 30-31 May. Now all we need is some more numbers and to either chase up a new venue or check with Tuppetsdad (Bruce) to see if he can still host at his factory. I am also quite willing to let any Melbournites do the organising as it's a bit hard from 160km north of there.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
We may just have a clash of Dates with Brisbane here and I don't see it as a real issue except for if you want to go to both.
There was a small discussion at the meet and greet about dates and the 30th looked like the best for up here as well.
I am just finalizing the venue before announcing it.

AAH

There's a problem with the 30th/31st. For that date both Tuppet and Tuppetsdad are unavailable so we can't use Bruce's factory. If another venue can be found then the date is still okay. If the date is changed we may be able to wangle Bruce or Tess into hosting at Bruce's factory.
If another venue can be found by a Melbournite then hopefully it'll be a free venue, have room for about 30 Christmas light tragics, have room to setup a bunch of tables for showing off blinky lights. Internet and a projector would be good but isn't vital.

Alan