Adelaide/SA 2016 Adelaide Mini - Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th May - Confirm your attendance.

bjpc2716

who dares win
rob we are playing on the 28 of may against your team at port ground at 2.10pm we both will be going to the game need to speak to my daughter

i13

Dedicated elf
I want to donate a cuplight sphere as a door prize. There are holes cut into the base of each cup and the whole thing is in two halves so you can add your choice of lights. The effect is great and I have 5 of them with store bought lights and 2 lights per cup in my display. Viewers keep asking where I bought them from. This one is just over 50cm across with 150 cups.

Edit: It has 148 cups. I counted wrongly.

Attachments

• 20160402_172211[1].jpg
    20160402_172211[1].jpg
    995.3 KB · Views: 44

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Hi all,

I've skimmed through the Adelaide Mini threads from this year and collated the various topic suggestions and added them to the bottom of the wiki page for all to see and to aid with organisation: http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/2016_Mini_%28Adelaide%29#Potential_Topics

I may have missed some of the suggestions - or there may be others not yet suggested that you would like to suggest - in which case feel free to add them to the wiki yourself (or post here if you're not sure how to edit the wiki and I'm sure somebody else will add it on your behalf) :).

elnino

Full time elf
The wiki is still looking a bit empty - Do you have some stuff going on in the background there Rob? Can I help?

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
I think with Ryan going on hollidays, an Rob being busy.

we might have to help them out this year

so who wants to put some sort of schedule together?
then we need someone to do the wiki entry...

I would help but im kinda in the busy boat myself lately..

Kitman

Full time elf
I nominate Darylc to do a presentation on it as he is the one doing the bulk buy and assembly so should know the most lol maybe hahaha

Kitman

Full time elf
I am happy to try and help with organising of the event.

I think we need to have someone talk about Vixen (maybe Adski can help out on this again) also someone to talk about Xlights (Not sure who would be willing to do this) as these seem to be the 2 most common applications being used at the moment and free.

Someone to talk about the Falcon F16v2 board (maybe Darylc can do this) also perhaps someone else to talk about some of the other common controllers.

Need someone to talk about the Raspberry Pi and installing the Falcon software on it (I have done it once and was successful lol but if someone else has played with it more feel free), and as an alternative to the Pi someone to talk about the Arduino (Smartalec or someone else)

We can then have some small discussions about troubleshooting pixels and the issues you might get, monitoring control box temp either using the pi or arduino...

If anyone else wants something else covered then feel free to chip in and if anyone wants to volunteer for any of the above that would be good.

I think most of this covers the basic stuff you need to get a show going.

Being that we are now only about a month away from the mini need to start some serious thinking.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Well yes I spoke to fearless leader robert and seems all is still on track he is just a busy beaver at moment . I suggested a few back to basic topics soldering. heatshrinking . Wiring . Wire thickness guages current draw etc . And maybe enclosures . Wich I think would be cool . He also advised me that he is trying to create more general chat time for us I agree with that also as we learn from general chit chat from eachother plus good catchup time for many of us or more time to eat cakes lol. Myself and my crazy light lady are still looking at doing virtual santa presentation will bring our projectors etc but be warned im not a very good public speaker . So doesn't seem there is any reason for concern people s they always seem to pull it off (if it wasnt for the last minute we would never get anything done ) lol. Oh and ron (mellowcouple) good topic you could do ! I would be expert also can help . (Things you shouldn't do ) lol just kidding but you havegiven us many handy hints and tips . Im sure there is a topic you could help with if needed . Im just trying to get the bbq cooking job thats easy for me .

Kitman

Full time elf
The event is basically running itself lol, lets all just show up, bring stuff to talk about and then we can drag people up to talk about stuff, and before you know it the day will be gone and we will have learnt too much again.