Adelaide/SA 2016 Adelaide Mini - Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th May - Confirm your attendance.

Karob

Let there be Light!
The 2016 Adelaide Mini has officially been locked and loaded for another year.

Date : Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th May
Where : 1 South Road, Thebarton. MAP
Cost : $15 entry for weekend(payable Saturday)
Venue Hire : $100 (Generously paid for by Deblen)

More details via the wiki
: https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/2016-Mini-Adelaide

Saturday night : Last year there was a small get together at a local watering hole, we will plan on doing the same as it was a great way to unwind after a big day 1 of the mini, Location to be decided.

We will need to confirm numbers for this event and what day you are able to attend.

Please register on the poll above your attendance, if you are only attending 1 of the days please reply to this post with the day you are attending.

More details regarding the subjects to follow.

roo - 1
smartalec - 1
heathwithnoteeth - 2
Ralphyf1 - 1
jb09 - 1
Maccas23 - 1
the grinch - 2
msherratt - 1
ttregoweth - 1
damo1271 - 1
deblen - 1
elnino - 1
Fing - 1
Kitman - 1
adski - 1
mellowcouple - 1
i13 - 1
ryanschristmaslights - 1
darylc - 1
Karob - 1

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
I can do a could of talks on different topics depending on what people want to hear

1. Komby Wireless pixels

2. Wireless temp/fan controller (my new product)

3. pi-pixel (the $3 board to control pixels off the rasp pi)

4. Pixel-bone (BBB cape, does 32outputs @ 600pixels each)

5. Designing elements on a budget (archs, pixel tint tubes, garland pixel tree, kmart star's hack)

6. Why im allways broke doing this hobby but loving it..lol

So let me know if you want to listen to me talk, an what topics people would be interested in

P.s. I will only be there for Saturday

elnino

Full time elf
I have been playing with the ESPixelStick code (Running pixels from $2 arduino compatible ESP8266 Wifi modules).

The ESP8266 has much more processing power and SRAM than the arduino Atmega328 so it can run lots of pixels :)

Happy to present on that and any other Arduino related stuff.

BoonDogs

I am self diagnosed with CLAP
I'm in SYD, and I would love to attend. Is there a rough estimate on prices to attend so I can see whether I can afford it + flights?

Karob

Let there be Light!
BoonDogs said:
I'm in SYD, and I would love to attend. Is there a rough estimate on prices to attend so I can see whether I can afford it + flights?

Hi BoonDogs

Please not edited post above regarding the approx cost per day per person.

Also please not for numbers please click on register above for numbers, please reply to this post if you are only available on one day stating what day you are attending.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
elnino said:
I have been playing with the ESPixelStick code (Running pixels from $2 arduino compatible ESP8266 Wifi modules).
The ESP8266 has much more processing power and SRAM than the arduino Atmega328 so it can run lots of pixels :)
Happy to present on that and any other Arduino related stuff.
happy to learn a new way.. have the esp8266 on order.. pitty we missed out on the group buy... seems i have to make my own cheap board
alliexpress makes it $2.50 for the transmitter

elnino

Full time elf
Some more site photos

I went there today and I have confirmed the Theatre room as being the allocated space for us. This means we have plenty of space if we have high numbers.

There is a fair bit of floor space for toys etc.

I also have confirmation that there is a BBQ onsite and available for us to use. The Cafe (in the building) is also likely to be open on Saturday and there is a snacks machine for those that get impulse munchies.

The room is rigged with a PA system and is equipped with static microphones at the podium thingy. We may be able to tap into this with a recorder for the video but I did not have time to check.

The 2nd projector/smart board is no longer in the room but we still have the massive screen at the front.

Payment for the room will be paid the Friday preceding the event.

Attachments

• room1.png
    room1.png
    624.9 KB · Views: 153
  • room2.png
    room2.png
    606 KB · Views: 130
  • room3.png
    room3.png
    610.2 KB · Views: 150
  • room4.png
    room4.png
    626 KB · Views: 180
  • room5.png
    room5.png
    646.7 KB · Views: 191

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Great news and thanks elnino for the pics! I'm sure this room will be very workable for the recording.

I am thinking it ought to be possible to keep all the recording gear (laptop, mixer & table to put them on + camera & webcam on 2x tripods) down in the first row on the right-hand side (when looking towards the front) and thus out of the way of the middle and left aisles.

The 'room3' angle up the back looks great if we can get an additional HD camera there (+someone to keep an eye on it) to cover the large projector screen/whiteboard and presenter.

Do you know if a wireless lapel or headset-style microphone is available or is it just the fixed podium mics? I have a cheapish system if not (6.35mm jack), which from my limited testing works but unsure how it will perform over a whole day.

For the audio recording, I will have a portable mixing desk which can take either XLR or a 6.35mm jack. If the PA system has mic audio out (PA to mixer) or aux audio in (mixer to PA) I'm sure it will be fine :) .

For anybody unsure how to reserve a spot at the mini, I now have added a guide to the general Mini wiki page (http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Category:Mini#How_do_I_get_involved/attend?) - particularly for Tapatalk users.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Yuuup! Myself and my crazy lady are on

Also thankyou deblen great work and very kind we appreciate

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Ooopps meant crazylightlady. same thing we may be able to do a presentation on virtual santa etc if required let us know rob . Also regarding venue is there fast food close by kfc mc donalds ANYTHING for our leader ?

Kitman

Full time elf
ryanschristmaslights said:
Great news and thanks elnino for the pics! I'm sure this room will be very workable for the recording.

I am thinking it ought to be possible to keep all the recording gear (laptop, mixer & table to put them on + camera & webcam on 2x tripods) down in the first row on the right-hand side (when looking towards the front) and thus out of the way of the middle and left aisles.

The 'room3' angle up the back looks great if we can get an additional HD camera there (+someone to keep an eye on it) to cover the large projector screen/whiteboard and presenter.

Do you know if a wireless lapel or headset-style microphone is available or is it just the fixed podium mics? I have a cheapish system if not (6.35mm jack), which from my limited testing works but unsure how it will perform over a whole day.

For the audio recording, I will have a portable mixing desk which can take either XLR or a 6.35mm jack. If the PA system has mic audio out (PA to mixer) or aux audio in (mixer to PA) I'm sure it will be fine :) .

I just wonder if any of the video will be usable at the end :p

Also more than happy to give a talk on my implementation of temperature sensor's inside my control box and making the webpage etc. Not sure how many people would be interested and if we have time, but I guess that all depends on what topics we will be discussing.