Melbourne/Vic 2016 Melbourne Mini: PlugFest 14th-15th May

B_P_J

Full time elf
Nice turn out, good to see so many people helping each other out, looking forward to the Sydney one, anyone coming up from Melbourne for this one?

BoonDogs

I am self diagnosed with CLAP
bpj1980 said:
Nice turn out, good to see so many people helping each other out, looking forward to the Sydney one, anyone coming up from Melbourne for this one?

I hope to attend Sydney, although won't need to fly up :p

multicast

Senior elf
And the team who won the challenge was TEam Standards

Amazing that with such a massively diverse bunch of bits that we mostly got a show to work!

Hope you all enjoyed the day. Who is volunteering to organise 2017?
Let's lock and load a date in. Bruce and I will be happy to take a backseat and let someone else have a turn

BoonDogs

I am self diagnosed with CLAP
multicast said:

Amazing that with such a massively diverse bunch of bits that we mostly got a show to work!

Let's lock and load a date in. Bruce and I will be happy to take a backseat and let someone else have a turn
If you need a hand organising next year count me in. It'll be good if we can prearrange a swap meet type system like bruce suggested

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
multicast said:

Thanks again Andrew & Bruce for hosting duties this weekend.
I'm happy to help pull something together (as I tried this year) but finding a suitable venue seems to be the tricky part. Once a venue is locked in (with a date) the rest tends to flow from there.

gerry

Senior elf
Thank you Bruce and Andrew for hosting and organizing .

Thanks too for all the folks who attended and who drove/flew down . Was nice to catch up with everyone again !

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
I tried to come Saturday, sat out the front for 20 mins (got there just after 9) couldn't raise anyone to let me in?
Turns out I had to rush home for a crook family member anyway so really didnt matter in the end. :-\

gerry

Senior elf
ԆцряєсϮ said:
I tried to come Saturday, sat out the front for 20 mins (got there just after 9) couldn't raise anyone to let me in?
Turns out I had to rush home for a crook family member anyway so really didnt matter in the end. :-\

That was a shame that you could not get in . We must have just moved upstairs - but I thought that it was later than that .

gerry

Senior elf
gerry said:
Thank you Bruce and Andrew for hosting and organizing .

Thanks too for all the folks who attended and who drove/flew down . Was nice to catch up with everyone again !

Not sure what happened to the rest of my post , but thank you to the folks who sponsored door prizes and other give away - Luke and Luke from Advatek, Alan Hanson (Hanson electronics) and Bruce .

averagebloke

New elf
My thanks also to Andrew and Bruce for the great weekend.
As a total newbie I think I learnt a lot.
Winning the door prize of the pixlite16 was a bonus
cheers
Terry

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
thanks to everyone who helped and organised the mini and to Bruce for the venue.
It was great to meet everyone and put faces to names to ACL "handles"
And i learnt lots and now have a longer shopping list.
Cheers
Fing