Melbourne/Vic 2016 Melbourne Mini: PlugFest 14th-15th May

BoonDogs

I am self diagnosed with CLAP
What's the go with the internet access is the room? Ethernet or wireless? I'm assuming this will cost us or will be limited in some way...

multicast

Senior elf
BoonDogs said:
What's the go with the internet access is the room? Ethernet or wireless? I'm assuming this will cost us or will be limited in some way...

There will be wifi internet, but you'll be too busy to be surfing ACL or facebook.

averagebloke

New elf
Wondering if someone would be good enough to show how to connect one of the new Hanson Electrics controllers that suit 2 wire type bigw lights during the Melbourne Mini. Am happy to purchase one on the controllers before the show and bring it along together with some bigw lights if this can be done. As a novice to all this it would be a great help
cheers

multicast

Senior elf
averagebloke said:
Wondering if someone would be good enough to show how to connect one of the new Hanson Electrics controllers that suit 2 wire type bigw lights during the Melbourne Mini. Am happy to purchase one on the controllers before the show and bring it along together with some bigw lights if this can be done. As a novice to all this it would be a great help
cheers

Alan will be at the mini.

ewanh

what goes here?
Has anyone done a program?

Due to some 'domestic requirements' it looks like i might be able to only attend one day, so thought I'd look at what was planned to pick which day....

Anyone attending interested in some LOR boards? going to move mine on, so I can fund some pixels......

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I remember seeing an early version but there have been multiple posts & threads about the day that I'm actually unsure what's happening and when ???
Either way I can only make it for Sunday

Roosta

Full time elf
Hey all, unfortunately i left it up until tonight to make a final decision, but the lack of information and updates coming from the organisers of the melb mini has left me no option but to re-neg on my commitment of coming along.. Its a long, expensive trip to just leave to chance/luck..

My apologies if this puts the organisers out, and i am more than happy to pay per my commitment for catering.. Just pm me to sort it out..

Cheers,
Nik

multicast

Senior elf
Roosta said:
Hey all, unfortunately i left it up until tonight to make a final decision, but the lack of information and updates coming from the organisers of the melb mini has left me no option but to re-neg on my commitment of coming along.. Its a long, expensive trip to just leave to chance/luck..

My apologies if this puts the organisers out, and i am more than happy to pay per my commitment for catering.. Just pm me to sort it out..

Cheers,
Nik

Thats a shame, i'm making the trip from NZ.. And all the info is above, and we've not changed anything.. No worry about catering. Alan will eat your share.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Hi All

sorry have not been involved so far with the organisation for the mini. Andrew has been on the job as I have been busy with work.

A bit of basic info

The Mini is held at our Office in Abbotsford.
CNC Design Pty Ltd
1K Marine Parade, Abbotsford (50m down from Nicholson st end)

Plenty of parking. Closest Railway Station is Collingwood which is a 5 min walk.

Some of you have been here in the past for other Melb Minis.

We have a meeting room for > 35 people with overhead projection, free wireless internet, seating etc. Kitchen with coffee/tea facilities, plates etc. In our warehouse we have a BBQ which we will fire up for BBQ and lunch.

Also set up area in our warehouse if you bring some stuff for show and tell we have plenty of space set up with tables and power boards etc. Please bring what you can.

Published times are
Saturday 9 to 4.00 PM
Sunday 9.00 to 3.00 PM

If you turn up any time from 8 AM onwards we will have BBQ breakfast. Usually we run a bit later than planned.

Lunch is provided - fee covers this will check with Andrew but typically $20 / head covers you.

I will send out reminders today to most Vic members (please excuse me if I miss any members).

Next topic is to work on Andrew so we can publish an updated list of topics to be covered . As we have members from new beginners to seasoned veterans they will be pretty diverse but don't be put off by this it is a great chance to see what other people are doing and to meet like minded BLINKY nuts.

We also will really appreciate whatever assistance we can get with things such as organising the BBQ on the day,etc.

Apparently I am running a session on how to organise your display and according to my notes I am already behind!

So look forward to catching up with you on Saturday and Sunday this week.

If you have any questions just PM me and I will get back to you

Tuppetsdad (Bruce)

Red

l kill you
the wife and l r lookin forward too, the mini, being this will b our 1st, and we r totally new to this product

regards Kev & Pam, (rudolp)

diyer

Full time elf
Hi folks,
Awesome day, very informative and interesting, it was good to see some familiar faces plus some new ones.
I would like to offer a special thanks to Bruce and Andrew for organising this great event, unfortunately I can't make it there tomorrow to see the finished display running. Go team Rowan!