Sydney/NSW 2016 Sydney Mini June 4-5: Register Now!!!!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: 2016 Sydney Mini June 4-5: we want your feedback and Register Now!!!!

We will also bring a door prize or 2 for the meet

Mm

Silent elf

I will have a couple lucky door prizes to give to the mini.

See you in June.

Benslights

Dedicated elf

ok run sheet for the mini so far

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63370705/mini%202016/run%20sheet.JPG

please let me know what you would like to present as we need to spread out the presenters this year

keithsw1111

Senior elf

I am happy to do one or even all of the xLights sessions. I know you have set aside 3 x 15 minute general sessions but I think it would be better to have less general sessions (but keep at least 1 intro session) and instead say set aside a 2 hour period on Sunday where we divide the room and do deeper dives into the sequencers. With the rich functionality of the sequencers it is impossible to cover anything more than a general introduction in 3 15 minute sessions. Last weekend in Vegas xLights did a 16 hour conference and even then did not cover everything ... I am not looking for anything like that but a couple of hours would at least let people see some of what can actually be done.

At a push I could do networking 101 including a bit of a dive into what e131 is and how it works.

I would also like to do 15 minutes of tools and troubleshooting.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf

Put my name against the singing faces, might take more than 15 min if we cover both construction and programming in xlights, or could be shorter if they start throwing tomatoes

cheers
Fing

Benslights

Dedicated elf

we may do longer sessions on the Sunday if I get enough people asking for it. a couple of years ago we did longer sessions and I had a lot of people complaining about it after the mini. it is hard to try and cater for everyone but we give it a good go. so if everyone gives me their feedback we can make changes as we go. last weekend was a xlights convention so only people interested in xlights went. at our mini we get people from all stages of Christmas lights and trying to cover parts for everyone.

logandc99

Dedicated elf

Unfortunately I'm not very knowledgeable about the technical side of things when it comes to Xmas light displays. The only thing I think I could talk about would be singing faces faces like My Olaf and tree and using the Papagayo like interface in Xlights but I think Fing might be covering that already

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf

logandc99 said:
Unfortunately I'm not very knowledgeable about the technical side of things when it comes to Xmas light displays. The only thing I think I could talk about would be singing faces faces like My Olaf and tree and using the Papagayo like interface in Xlights but I think Fing might be covering that already

This student will happily step aside for the master to speak....I hope to bring one of my creations for show and tell which will be basically "what not to do-by example." lol

Personally, I would like to hear how you create your pixel animations such as Bruno mars, and the star wars images, and any tips for sequencing, or just a talk on how you did your world famous star-wars sequence.

Cheers
Fing

logandc99

Dedicated elf

Fing said:
logandc99 said:

This student will happily step aside for the master to speak....I hope to bring one of my creations for show and tell which will be basically "what not to do-by example." lol

Personally, I would like to hear how you create your pixel animations such as Bruno mars, and the star wars images, and any tips for sequencing, or just a talk on how you did your world famous star-wars sequence.

Cheers
Fing

Hardly the master. You have taken the Coro singing faces to new heights.

I'm happy to talk about doing my animations etc but some may consider my process to be too tedious and slow but if I can contribute then happy to do so.
I've also been doing a bit of sequencing in Xlights by making my whole megatree talk/sing which is basically just making a singing face on a matrix, the megatree being that matrix. But again, that may well effectively be taken care of by any P10 panel talks on making a singing face on a P10 panel matrix.

Benslights

Dedicated elf

would you like to do part 2 of xlights then Logan??

logandc99

Dedicated elf

I am only a user of xlights ( since June last year) and not an expert by any means like the guys who do the programming but could do something if it helps. Maybe something about the Papagayo like interface that xlights uses for singing faces (but again not sure if that's stepping into what Fing is doing). Or as mentioned above, how I do my animations and incorporate them into an xlights sequence. But my talk would be based on my experience using/ sequencing xlights as opposed to info from someone like Keithsw11 who is actually doing code for it. So if any of the above is useful then happy to do something to help out.

keithsw1111

Senior elf

@logansc99 Since June last year ... then you have been using xLights longer than me ... I only started in August last year.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
2016 Sydney Mini June 4-5: we want your feedback and Register Now!!!!

keithsw1111 said:
@logansc99 Since June last year ... then you have been using xLights longer than me ... I only started in August last year.

lol. Fair comment :)
I guess having gone from LOR to LSP and now xlights, I keep feeling like a novice each year.
Ok Ben, i'd like to try and contribute someway so put me down for an xlights talk, either no.2 or no.3. I'd feel more comfortable about talking about the sequencing side of xlights ( probably more a reflection of how I sequence at least) if that would be useful. Can also touch on using animations etc.
Just if I could ask the people to not throw all their tomatoes at me as I know Fing is looking forward to some in his talk. :)

Benslights

Dedicated elf

you have been added Logandc99 thanks heaps for putting your hand up. Great to see some new people presenting this year.

good thing is we all love this hobby and do not expect motivational speakers do presentations. we expect people that love the hobby and want to share.

so come on Guys and Girls plenty more spaces to be filled

Benslights

Dedicated elf

well this is not to far away now so we really need to get people putting there hands up to help out with talks please let me know asap so we can get everything sorted and not leave it till the last minute