24V LED Floodlight (48 x 5050 RGB LEDs)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Matt said:
i really wish you would stop designing and making things, i think i have already pre-spent my next 5 years worth of budget just because of you.

You'll have to put me on your ignore list. :D

ewanh

what goes here?
David_AVD said:
Matt said:
i really wish you would stop designing and making things, i think i have already pre-spent my next 5 years worth of budget just because of you.

You'll have to put me on your ignore list. :D

But the are such nice things - and the quality is excellent (going with the old adage of you get what you pay for). I love pretty blinky things...... and now the wife has filled the garden with trees I need to make them all change color....

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Not sure how these will stack up price wise. Even as a kit of parts (lots of SMD soldering) and the $10 Bunnings flood housing you're still looking at $25 or so at a guess. That's for the basic DC version. DMX would maybe add another $15 of parts.

Ray Wu now has a 10W 12V RGB floodlight with DMX input and it's only about $26 + freight. I might see if I can get a hold of one to see if they are usable as there's no point reinventing the wheel at a higher price point.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
I've held off going further with this right now as another member has some LED Wall Washer and LED Floodlight samples on their way. Was hoping that they would arrive soon (for the QLD mini).