2811 pixel to dc board/s

inspector44

New elf
This is my first post here, and this is exactly what I came over to this forum to try and find. I hope this would be available for sale and shipping to us in the USA.

Steve

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'm told that they will be ready in a weeks time but whether that is an Aussie week or a Chinese week I won't know until I get the boards.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Have a look what just turned up :)
It will be a day or 2 before I get to do testing as I'm waiting on stuff from Ray with which to test it and I have some other work that needs to be finished.

Attachments

• IMAG0640.jpg
    IMAG0640.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 123

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
They look great Alan.
Can't wait to be able to get ahold of one to play with.

nato595

Let's do this!
Hi, I'm the new kid, and I'm lost :(
Sorry for the dumb comment, but this thread intrigues me - and I'm just not understanding.
Can someone please share a real life example of how this board would be used... or a dumbbed down explanation of what it's for?

Thanks!

remoteutah

Full time elf
Sure. Lets say you are using a J1Sys P12R as your pixel controller. Each channel can output to 170 pixels, but you only have 150 pixels on the strip you have connected to that channel. This awesome board created by Alan (gotta give kudos for the idea) would attach to the END of that strip and give you up to 20 outputs (not accurate to the design but just an example). Each output could then drive, lets say one channel of a dumb strip. Or 3 outputs can control a whole dumb RGB strip, but would be seen as 3 pixels to the controller and software.

I think I have SIMPLY stated how the design works!?! Please correct me if I am wrong, Alan or Eddy.

For me, this means that I can use the "tail end" of a smart strip. By adding this "interface" to the end of the smart strip, I can add several dumb strips to be used as simple colorwash floods. This saves me having to purchase a DMX dongle or ECG-D2 (E1.31 to DMX) AND a DMX controller for the dumb strips. Not to mention the reduced amount of cabling!!!

If I got any of this wrong, Alan... Please correct me! I know I don't have the actual specs in here... but am eagerly awaiting one of these bad boys to test out!!!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
remoteutah said:
Or 3 outputs can control a whole dumb RGB strip, but would be seen as 3 pixels to the controller and software.

Actually a dumb strip would be seen as 1 pixel as a pixel is made up of 3 channels, red, green and blue. 8)

But this board can be used anywhere in the 2811 pixel output from a j1sys or a sandevices controller, or you could just use one spare output to drive your network of 2811 DC boards, there is a lot of flexability in how this can be used.