3D Print STL Files - P10 Panel brackets

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
At the bottom of this post I will have the attached STL files to enable people with 3D FDM style printers to print their own copies.
Designs are for personal, non commercial use only. Links may be placed on other sites back to this thread.
There are three brackets currently designed Centre of four panels
Panel to panel 160mm side
Panel to panel 320mm side
All three designs are in the Zip file.
Features:
All brackets feature M3 captive nut holes on the reverse side to allow recessed nuts to be installed for attachment of things to the brackets.
The edge brackets can be either flush mounted with the edge or overhanging to provide attachment to a frame.

I use Simplify3D as my slicer so the following may need to be varied based on your slicer, machine and filament.

I have printed these successfully in ABS using the basic settings of:
Layer height: 0.2mm
Print Speed: 50mm/sec to 70mm/sec
Outline underspeed 90%
Infill: 15% Otherwise use all your preferred slicer settings that give you accurately sized prints.

These will not fit on smaller machines as the brackets have the following maximum dimensions
Centre: 154mm Long x 88mm Wide
Long Edge: 160mm x 57mm
Short Edge: 94mm x 88mm
They must be printed with accurately sizing as the holes are positioned precisely.

Attachments

• P10 Panel Brackets.zip
    385.6 KB · Views: 158
  • P10C.JPG
    P10C.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 120
  • P10L.JPG
    P10L.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 84
  • P10S.JPG
    P10S.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 79

Voltorb

New elf
Contrary to Phil's statement above about not being able to print the larger items on a small bed machine, I was able to print all of the on my Afinia 470 by rotating the object 45 degrees, then tweaking the position on the bed a little. All of them line up on the panels perfectly! Thanks again Phil!

My panels have a small plastic post sticking up on the back. I suppose they're there for a reason, but I just cut them off to attach the brackets.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Voltorb (John) said:
My panels have a small plastic post sticking up on the back. I suppose they're there for a reason, but I just cut them off to attach the brackets.

Ooops, knew about that and forgot to mention, Daryl had told me as he has that style and he did the same thing.

If I get some of those in the future, i'll design in a hole for the post :)

Thanks for the feedback re printing on smaller beds.

Voltorb

New elf
I promised I would post a picture of my matrix assembled with the 3D printed brackets. Here it is. 30 panels.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/yvhc8fcvnfmdh2w/AADD4y2PxgWbTzGAMFpG8qaGa
pCt16T0QxKFoA8l0KOC3haMBkHLO3ovPAQcKriPlDPY

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Thanks Phil for designing these! I've been printing center brackets all day now.

I did notice that my M3 nuts didn't fit in the holes - they were slightly too big. Solved this by using the soldering iron to push the nut down which resulted in a super tight/perfect fit then. Not sure if you'd designed it that way or if it was the ReplicatorG gcode.

andrewa

Full time elf
Thank You AussiePhil for sharing these, I will be printing these out to use on my panels when they arrive later this week.

once again thank you for sharing

darylc

404 darylc not found
BradsXmasLights said:
Modified design for side mounting that can allows for screwing panels to the inside wall of the box...

Thanks for these Brad, they are surprising strong really and simplify the frame production.

Voltorb

New elf
Brad, would you revise Phil's original brackets adding the hole for the plastic pin? Especially the center bracket. I keep forgetting I need to cut off those darn things!