600mm (23.5") square clear tubes with end caps

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
There's a possibility that Matt (fathead45) could send some ~ 600mm (23.5") square clear tubes (with end caps) over to Australia in cartons of 60 pieces.

These are the same tubes and caps from the LED strip group buy. I was thinking of making some meteor tubes for myself - either as DMX or possibly pixel drive. A pixel version may be as simple as cutting a piece of your favourite intelligent LED strip and adding connectors.

The landed price would be approx $3.30 for one tube and 2 end caps. It may be a little more or less depending on exchange rate, etc.

If there's enough interest and we get back to him in the next day or two, it's possible that they would arrive in Australia just before the QLD mini. I would take them along for people to buy on the mini days.

What I don't want to do is spend hundreds of dollars of my money on tubes and get stuck with them! So, now's the time to speak up if you are interested.

ewanh

what goes here?
I'll take 15-20 (whatever fits the order numbers). I have a nice eave to hang them off....

I expect to pay for postage to Vic on top of cost....

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Well, that's one box of 60 potentially spoken for. Any other takers?

Matt, did you have any USA folk wanting more of these?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
It's looking like the shipping multiple from USA is 36 tubes + 72 end caps. Landed price is approx AUD $4 each.

Not sure if they would arrive in time for the QLD mini now, but most replies here have been non-local anyway.

bcwhitehead1

New elf
I am in Vancouver WA. I would need 20 or so. I have been looking for something like this. Will a CCR fit with Silicone covering with these? Thanks for the help!!!

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Best to contact fellow American fathead45 either here on ACL or on the DIYC forum. This thread is for the 600mm cut pieces being sent over from him to Australia. :)