1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

A short ambient show that repeats gracefully?

Discussion in '101 Display Basics' started by Chad, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Chad

Chad New Elf

Consider a short ambient show for say Halloween, that does nothing more than flickers lights and adds mood colours, etc to the space. As part of the show, some of the effects used might be let's say Meteors, so therefore there is a randomness to that effect.
    This show might only be 1 minute long before repeating. But from what I can tell the Meteor effect restarts when the show restarts.
    Is there a way to repeat a short show like this so that random effects do not restart (go blank), but instead gracefully continue as the show restarts?
    I hope that made sense.

2. LawrenceDriveLights

LawrenceDriveLights Full Time Elf

Im not sure if I fully understand but how about:

Increasing the sequence length by simply copy and paste the "background mood colours" and have the Meteor effect simply run the full length on the sequence.

3. OP
    OP
    Chad

Chad New Elf

Yeah, that's certainly plan B.
    I was hoping their might have been an easier way to gracefully repeat with a shorter sequence without a full light 'reset'.

4. keithsw1111

keithsw1111 Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    It’s just a matter of making the end match the beginning and using a player that doesn’t blank on loop

5. LightsOn81st

LightsOn81st Apprentice Elf

It seems like a simple fade in and fade out of all effects would be an easy way to create background show that would loop easily.

Also, if the goal is to have a show that "flickers" it should be easy to find a point in time where no lights are on that you can end the sequence and have it restart seamlessly.