ACL 3d printed bubble machines?

bpratt

Senior elf
so how is this project coming along ?

I just got my SB2000 back from dj city after a warranty repair last Friday, so I don't hold out too much hopes for it lasting any longer than this season if I'm lucky.

The smoke and bubbles were oh so extremely exciting for everyone that came to my place for the light, so really need to keep the 'fobbles' going. :)

drakky

Senior elf
so how is this project coming along ?

I just got my SB2000 back from dj city after a warranty repair last Friday, so I don't hold out too much hopes for it lasting any longer than this season if I'm lucky.

The smoke and bubbles were oh so extremely exciting for everyone that came to my place for the light, so really need to keep the 'fobbles' going. :)
saw a couple of hand held small machines a wedding recently which produced a massive amount of bubbles so I bought one and pulled it apart , I've also looked at videos of the beamz 2500 machine so I've ordered some low cost motors and speed controllers and have designed and printed out a few bubble wands, I think the biggest issue will be the case as not many people can print out a 300 to 400 mm item on a 3D printer so it may have to be made of either wood or metal , but my design I'm thinking is modular 1 , 2 or 3 wands similar to the beamz unit print out the plastic parts and attach them inside a wood or metal box. I'll just have to wait and see when the parts come.
Not sure if anyone else is prototyping anything at the moment ?

pixelated

New elf
Items larger than can be printed can be designed in parts. They can have joints that interlock for accurate fitting as well as being glued together with epoxy. Post finishing can make the joints invisible if needed. Lots of big stuff is built that way.

drakky

Senior elf
Items larger than can be printed can be designed in parts. They can have joints that interlock for accurate fitting as well as being glued together with epoxy. Post finishing can make the joints invisible if needed. Lots of big stuff is built that way.
yes I'm aware of this , but I doubt glued together bits for a case would be strong enough plus I think it would be easier to mount parts onto a chassis as such

BooY

Topper Man
I have the design all done for the one I want to try, but with work and getting my shed finished, I haven't had a chance to do any more on it. As soon as I get power setup to the shed I'll do some test cuts to see how it goes for that design. Its good to see some others jump in as well with some other ideas to try

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
I have the design all done for the one I want to try, but with work and getting my shed finished, I haven't had a chance to do any more on it. As soon as I get power setup to the shed I'll do some test cuts to see how it goes for that design. Its good to see some others jump in as well with some other ideas to try
Hey BooY, did you end up getting to test this?
anyone else make any progress?
I’d like to explore this for next season.

BooY

Topper Man
Not as yet, back half of the year has been hectic with work, I'm hoping to get back onto some progress once everything cools down a bit in the new year