Closed ACL 5050 RGB strip Payment thread - ends MAY 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

magott

New elf
Do you have any idea how much more shipping will be for the tubes. Im assuming if we have ordered a hundred then you now need three instead of two boxes.

D56VillageNut

Just a small sample of the Village
Can you check your PM's I have sent you two PMs but have gotten no response. Did not want to post in open thread but had a question and am waiting for an answer. I would really appreciate a reply..
Thank you.
Alan T

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
The Natives are getting restless, How is this going Matt.

D56VillageNut

I am also curious about the lack of updates on this group buy. I would really like to know what's happening since we were expected to pay for materials neary 2 months ago. What happened to group buy managers being required to post weekly updates even when nothing has changed?
Thanks

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
D56VillageNut said:
I am also curious about the lack of updates on this group buy. I would really like to know what's happening since we were expected to pay for materials neary 2 months ago. What happened to group buy managers being required to post weekly updates even when nothing has changed?
Thanks

Matt had a delay with the LEDs which he tells me will be here early this week, then he can complete the kits and send them out. So hopefully not much longer before you get them in your hands

D56VillageNut

ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
D56VillageNut said:
Thanks

Matt had a delay with the LEDs which he tells me will be here early this week, then he can complete the kits and send them out. So hopefully not much longer before you get them in your hands
I get that but I only ordered PCBs. I've also sent two PMs and received zero replies. Group buy rules say report out weekly even if nothing changes. I understand stuff happens but going radio silent just HoHoHoes people off.

D56VillageNut

fathead45 said:
another update:
All parts are in minus leds. waiting on those still. started sorting those last night.

All tubes are in, but still was short tubes, but i will fill all orders and i will just short myself and may have to do another buy on the tubes later this year to finish getting my needs. have to order 250 at a time lol.

hope to start shipping end of next week. working on the stuff in the hotel this week.
Here's why I am troubled by the current state of this Group Buy. According to the above post the PCBs have been in hand for a month. I may be the only one that ordered only PCBs but I think something could have been set up to get these out by now. Delaying shippment of my order a month because the Group Buy Manager is waiting for parts I don't need and didn't buy is not what I expected. I'm sorry to be irritated but when you've had someone's money for almost two months and haven't delivered the product your customers start to get worried.

Skunberg

Full time elf
I guess you have nog been involed in too many of these group buys. They are not like buying from a store, these are fellow hobbyest that have a life too. A month is the quickest these happen and can stretch out for many months or even fail cause refunds. Combined shipping is part of our savings. Maybe you can pay extra and not have to wait as long, talk to fathead and see if its possible. It may use some of his time that would be used twards all of us and slow down everyone elses order. But thats his call.

Brian

D56VillageNut

Skunberg said:
I guess you have nog been involed in too many of these group buys. They are not like buying from a store, these are fellow hobbyest that have a life too. A month is the quickest these happen and can stretch out for many months or even fail cause refunds. Combined shipping is part of our savings. Maybe you can pay extra and not have to wait as long, talk to fathead and see if its possible. It may use some of his time that would be used twards all of us and slow down everyone elses order. But thats his call.

Brian
I have been involved in several of these and have run group buys on other forums. If you look at my previous post there is nothing for him to combine on my order so your point about combined shipping isn't the issue. I get it's not like buying from a store. My problem is I sent have him PMs to ask about the status and got NO REPLY. If I had ordered LEDs with my PCBs that would be a different story. I ordered PCBs only. No tubes, no LEDs, nothing else. All I'm asking is "Tell me the shipping cost" which I will pay ASAP and then put them in the mail if they are available. If the PCBs are still on order then fine.....say that. As to group buys failing, it doesn't sound like that is the case here. If it is then he should let us know and get the refunds issued. All I want is better communication. Don't ignore someone when they send a PM with a question about the status of the group buy.

Skunberg

Full time elf
So your well aware of the buy that went no posts for a couple of months because of being sent to a third world country and the one when someones father died out of state and he had to deal with everything. So your looking for a shoulder lean on? O.K. I'm sorry I didn't know that.

Brian

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
[Flame Suit ON]

I actually agree with D56VillageNut that communication has been lacking in some of the group buys. PM's to group buy organisers shouldn't go ignored. In fact, they should prompt the organiser to do a status update post if there hasn't been one for a while.

For every PM sent, there's probably a bunch of people wondering the same thing. There's nothing worse than the (apparent) lack of progress in a group buy. Keep people in the loop I say. Some news (about delays, etc) are always better than silence.

[Flame Suit OFF]

Status
Not open for further replies.