Closed ACL MK2 Strobes-Fully built (shipping)

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
AAH said:
I'm still waiting on benbrown to give me a list of people who are expecting them but as a quick heads up. If anyone has more than 3 strobe sets then it won't fit in the 3kg express/standard bags so the postage will be more expensive. I'm not sure how much more as I don't know how many I may need to squeeze into a parcel yet.

AAH said:
Aussie delivery of strobes has now arrived.
Benbrown has yet to forward me the list of who belongs to what but if anyone wants to organise shipping tonight I will get them in the post tomorrow.
Postage cost will be $AU6 per string of strobes/covers plus either $AU14.80 for express postage or $13.40 for standard postage.

Assuming express postage that works out to $20.80 for 1, $26.80 for 2 and $32.80 for 3

Payment can be made via payal to

hanselec
@
gmail
.com

I'd prefer it was paid as a family/friends payment as then paypal doesn't suck 4% out of the transaction.

Alan
paid $20.80 (sent money to a friend lol) for express post thanks heaps
adam tolley (lizardking)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi Mike
I only ordered in 4 sets each of 2,3 and 4 core and Logan has been at them already :)
As the connectors are heavy and 2 3kg express bags cost almost the same as 1 5kg express bag you can just put an order through my site the same as usual or alternately work out the cost on my site and then add it to the strobe payment.

mike williamson said:
Hi Alan. I after pigtails aswell. 4 packs of 2 core to go with my 2 x 50cm strobes with covers shipped to 6069 please.

andrewa

Full time elf
twooly said:
Is anyone seeing their strobes not going random for a period of time after power on? I understand you'll see a little "warm up" time at the start, but ~15 seconds until they really become random is a little long I think

Just tried 1 string so far, and have the same situation

twooly

New elf
AndrewA said:
twooly said:
Is anyone seeing their strobes not going random for a period of time after power on? I understand you'll see a little "warm up" time at the start, but ~15 seconds until they really become random is a little long I think

Just tried 1 string so far, and have the same situation

My second string is a little better but still ~10 seconds. I'm ok with a few seconds, just seems a little long still.

algerdes

Al Gerdes
I've received my strobes and must thank all involved. They will work with what we have in mind, for sure.

One thing that I just can't figure out. How the heck do you guys put the covers on the strobes?

Boomer#6

No magic smoke yet!!
Strobes received today too thanks Alan 8)
Should have put on the sunnies to test them. OMG still seeing spots ???

Skunberg

Full time elf
algerdes said:
I've received my strobes and must thank all involved. They will work with what we have in mind, for sure.

One thing that I just can't figure out. How the heck do you guys put the covers on the strobes?
There is a thread that suggests using a heat gun/hair dryer to heat up the end and then roll it on a hard surface to shrink it down to size.

arw01

Full time elf
Strobes came in yesterday. Only checked one string holding the power cords onto the 5v source.

Apparently white is +5 and white/gray is -5v? Is that consistent on other's strings?

The one I tested looked like it took a while to get random, but by then I was blinded by science.