Closed ACL strobe. Australian assembly and shipping payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
As I guess a few of you know I have a few strobes to assemble. Before I get too carried away assembling lots of these I need to know in which mode they need to be assembled. All of the ones that I have assembled have been fully loaded boards with the exception of most of the ones I did for Superman that I didn't put the leds on. I don't know the modes that having fully loaded boards limits you to or in what modes the end user wants to use the leds in. There is info in the wiki on how the strobes run but unless I'm told different all the boards will get fully loaded. This includes the 2ohm or 2.2ohm resistor which suits the 350mA 1W leds. The leds will be mounted inline with the pcb and no wires will be fitted. Any boards that aren't to be programmed will be visually inspected and a random selection of a few will be programmed up and tested. Any boards that are to be programmed will be fully tested as they start blinking as soon as they are programmed. There are maybe 6 different hex files which provide a more random firing pattern when used as a group. Anyone who wants multiple hex files used then I'll need to know and the boards will get marked with a 1 to 6 to indicate which hex is in which board.
Before I assemble the boards (except for Supermans whose were done months ago and Kels that I've already done) I need each person to confirm that they want the boards fully assembled or what option (see wiki) and that any that are getting programmed how many hex file firmwares they want.
Payment is to be made to my paypal account the details of which will be sent via PM to each of the people on the list.
Postage will be a flat $11.30 to anywhere in Aus and will be for a 500g or 3kg satchel post which is a couple days to anywhere in Aus. If registered mail or express post is required then let me know and I'll adjust the cost and postage.
Boards will be sent as soon as they are done and payment is made. At this stage I'm hoping to recieve all the parts on 17th July and get them all shipped by the 20th or 21st.
Payment breakdown is $20 per panel of 45 strobes to be assembled. $5 per panel of 45 that require programming. $11.30 freight to Australian addresses.
Please confirm via forum post and/or PM that assembly level, number of assembled panels and programming options are correct. Total costs will be updated as info is confirmed.

Hopefully I'll find some wiki or forum links with info about firmwares and assembly options and I'll edit them in here.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki_source/images/7/7f/Assembling_TPR1-Strobe.pdf
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,807.0.html

The fully loaded boards will look like the 1st page of the above pdf with the exception that the wires and covers won't be fitted.
[attachimg=2]

Attachments

• Strobe payment 26-07-2012.jpg
    Strobe payment 26-07-2012.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 52

AAH

No hurry on the payment yet. After confirmation on the assembly and programming details prior to Tuesday when i get all the goodies though.

richardd

Full time elf
I would like the Plug and Play option in other words preprogrammed, tested, no assembly required!!

I'm like the star trek creatures the Pakled "We look for things. Things that make us go. Can you make us go?"

I Just want the strobe to work :) Please let me know when you want to be paid

Cheers
Rich

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
richardd said:
I would like the Plug and Play option in other words preprogrammed, tested, no assembly required!!

I'm like the star trek creatures the Pakled "We look for things. Things that make us go. Can you make us go?"

I Just want the strobe to work :) Please let me know when you want to be paid

Cheers
Rich

You will still be required to solder them into a string and make them weatherproof.

AAH

The box of goodies turned up just after 2 this arvo. They still haven't been opened yet but i expect i'll start knocking over bucketloads of them this evening.

Alan

westy27

Apprentice elf
Not sure if you got my PM but i am after getting both my boards fully assembled and programmed with option 4 (3B)

Cheers
Alex

AAH

Sorry I may have missed replying to a few posts and/or PMs. I've been building about 1000 strobes and most are ready for shipping. At this stage the 5 kits that are paid for will be in the post tomorrow arvo and any other that are paid for by mid arvo will get shipped too.
There's still a few people need to let me know if they want them programmed and once I know the price can be calculated.
The latest info is in the attached picture at the top of the thread.

Alan

adski

Dave Brown
Got mine today. Wow, they're tiny - glad I didn't attempt the soldering myself. Thanks heaps Alan.

Dave

AAH

All the strobes are finally gone. I've got a few people to chase up still but I've had other things on and I'll get to it when i get to it :)
Hopefully there are 15 happy people.

Status
Not open for further replies.