Closed ACL Strobe Mk 2 bulk buy - ends 12 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulk buy close date
Sep 12, 2014

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If you're on the bulk buy list and have moved in the last few weeks or will move in the next few weeks you'd better let me know re. delivery address.

Bird

LOR user
AAH said:
If you're on the bulk buy list and have moved in the last few weeks or will move in the next few weeks you'd better let me know re. delivery address.
Does that mean being a nomad will be an issue? ::)

Bird

LOR user
DrNeutron said:
If it is at all possible shipping direct to Canada would be preferred.....I know this may sound hard to believe but shipping cost from China is almost comparable to shipping from US to Canada on some things. The Americans will blame Canada Customs for this (and they are correct to some degree), but we get gouged quite a bit. When the loonie was worth more than the US dollar, we were still paying more for the same merchandise. :mad:
Unless it's something really stupid .. I will work it out with you two up north :)

Bird

LOR user
Alan .. unless you were already going to do it ... might I suggest myself paying all the shipping cost from you to me and then I will divide it up and add it to the shipping from here to the other members.
That way the other 12 people only have to worry about paying one combined shipping bill.

AAH

Shipping to me and to the US has already been paid for and it was part of the original price. It is only the on-shipping that needs to be worked out.

Bird

LOR user
AAH said:
Shipping is not included in the prices and that will be worked out later. A group shipping to the US may be organised and distribution from a central point.
My bad, I thought that meant all shipping was not included.
Cool, that means we've already saved some $$ on the project :)

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
Thanks Alan for organizing this!
And a big thanks to Bird for offering to send things out from there.
My 1st Group buy....
hahaha
:D

AAH

I'm told that all the bits were being shipped today. I have 1 of the 4 tracking numbers so far so that is a good start :)

AAH

Tracking Number:EA058618256CN
Timing Site Status
2014-09-30 17:34:00 SHENZHEN Posting
2014-09-30 18:19:00 SHENZHEN Despatch from Sorting Center

AAH

My number didn't work 1st thing this morning but did after I checked it this evening. I think part of what happens is that Ray (1, 2 or 3) records the number as it's packed but it doesn't get logged until it passes the 1st point at whatever shipping company it goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.