Closed ACL Strobe Mk 2 bulk buy - ends 12 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulk buy close date
Sep 12, 2014

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Woohoo. Now at 3 out of the 4 tracking numbers. The 1 from Ray to the US is the only 1 I'm missing now.

Bird

LOR user
Well, almost great news, now to see if the latest issue of counterfeit money being shipped from China to the US slows down our product shipment. I hope not, but I'm not holding my breath. :)

AAH

I got Ray to throw in a few kg of the currency for both of us so hopefully it's not slowed down ;)

Tracking numbers for the shipments are below. Most of them still show as being in Shenzen but they all hit the couriers before the Chinese holiday so hopefully they are all in transit.

From Ray. dhl tracking number for USA is 5994110802. EMS tracking number for Aust is EA058618256CN
From pcb loader the FedEX tracking number is 806220605738 (USA) and 806220605749 (Australia).

Bird said:
Well, almost great news, now to see if the latest issue of counterfeit money being shipped from China to the US slows down our product shipment. I hope not, but I'm not holding my breath. :)

Bird

LOR user
FedEx tracking returned this; :)

GUANGZHOU CN
Fri 10/3/2014 4:52 am
Departed FedEx location
Still in China but it's moving. :)

DHL tracking returned this; :eek:

Error

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your tracking number. A notification has been sent to our staff. We will try our best to solve this problem as soon as possible. Please try again later.

roterhead

New elf
DHL (USA) stuck in HongKong.... Just like my other order from Ray, it's been stuck for two weeks...

drlucas

Apprentice elf
Hopefully things clear up by Tuesday as it will then be two weeks my fedex order from ray has been waiting too. Strobes for Halloween show is going to be nearly impossible however for the Xmas show it should be in good shape.

AAH

1st of the deliveries turned up this afternoon and imho they look horny. Will have to wait until the leds etc turn up from Ray so I can start assembling.

Attachments

• IMAG1531.jpg
    IMAG1531.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 53

AAH

Balance of the goodies turned up this morning. When I finish the job I'm working on I will start packing things up. I will put 1 kit of parts together this evening as an absolute minimum to work out what postage will cost.

AAH

A kit of parts to make 48 strobes weighs about 400 grams but doesn't fit in a 500gm satchel so all the Aussie postages will be a 3kg Express Post satchel which cost $14.80 each (I will charge $15 via paypal). I will work out the NZ postage after it's all packed up. I will PM all the Aussie buyers. Bird is in charge of US and Canada so he will be organising that.

Below is a pic of the 5700ish parts that turned up from Ray and I've now started counting. 1st paid will be 1st despatched. I'm hoping that I will have all the parts counted and ready to send out by Thursday at the worst case.

Attachments

• IMAG1535.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 52

roterhead

New elf
Best I can figure is some of the SMD components have not soldered correctly and are standing at attention...

tombstone_copy.jpg

imbluenote said:
AAH said:
1st of the deliveries turned up this afternoon and imho they look horny.
I have to ask...how does a pcb look horny?

AAH

That is kinda the effect known as tombstoning. It is generally caused by either a major temperature differential caused by a lot more copper attached to 1 pad or the other or else because the pads aren't the recommended size for the given component or else a combination of the 2.
When you see the boards in person then you'll know what a horny pcb looks like :)

Status
Not open for further replies.