Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jun 17, 2017 Sunday, Jun 18, 2017
Registration deadline
Saturday, Jun 10, 2017
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
Heath-LightsOnTapley Heath-LightsOnTapley 2
mellowcouple mellowcouple 1 Spoiler content hidden.
ryanschristmaslights ryanschristmaslights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
darylc darylc 1
SmartAlecLights SmartAlecLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Karob Karob 1
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1 Spoiler content hidden.
adski adski 1
D deblen 1
D damo1271 1
thecrazylightlady thecrazylightlady 2
Wendys Wendys 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Lishfish Lishfish 4 Spoiler content hidden.
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 2
Ralphyf1 Ralphyf1 2 Spoiler content hidden.
K Kitman 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Binny Binny 1
B Brett Greenland 2
Fing Fing 1 Spoiler content hidden.
K Kimbo3000 1
jb09 jb09 1 Spoiler content hidden.
X xmaslightshow 1
M mccar 1 Spoiler content hidden.
J JamesA 2

Attendees: What software would you like to see covered during the mini? (multichoice)

• Falcon (Pi) Player

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • xLights

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Vixen

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other: Post a reply describing the software

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
For us interstaters, where's everyone staying?
Might have to organise a cleansing welcoming ale or two...
I'm at the Ibis in north terrace.. arriving Friday at 5:30pm and leaving 9:30 am Mon..

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
IBIS Styles Fing? Im landing at around the same time! Definitely catch up for an ale or 2

jaws-meme-were-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg

Kitman

Full time elf
So did we have a plan yet for dinner and drinks after Saturdays festivities or do we still need to come up with a plan?

Kitman

Full time elf
Unfortunately I only know places North of the city so I won't be of much use there. However since my Minister of Finance and my 3 year old will be coming with me on Saturday (They won't be coming to the mini they are going bowling and shopping but might join us for lunch if that's OK) somewhere Child friendly would be good, but it depends on how my 3 year old goes being out all day if we can make the dinner anyway.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
It looks like Adelaide Mini could at this stage break mini attendance number records nationally - wowee xD! It isn't too late to register if you're interested in coming along.

If there is anything in particular you'd like to have covered over the mini weekend, now is the time to speak up so that the organisers can see whether there is a potential speaker for it :). So what topics would you like to see?

Brett Greenland

New elf
Hi guys, As I am new to Xlights and the pixel world, I would like to cover models and setup for scheduling. I am bringing my design with me so I can get some help. I also would like to cover power supplies and controller configuration...... I cant wait for it my first mini..... It my 10 year wedding anniversary also over the weekend, My wife will also be attending, I am happy to give my design over as a demo to use as part of a configuration training show.....

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
It looks like Adelaide Mini could at this stage break mini attendance number records nationally - wowee xD! It isn't too late to register if you're interested in coming along.

If there is anything in particular you'd like to have covered over the mini weekend, now is the time to speak up so that the organisers can see whether there is a potential speaker for it :). So what topics would you like to see?
Hi Ryan,
I would be interested in someone discussing how to use DMX with a Falcon/Arduino/Xlights.
As a 12 month old newbie almost anything would be of value to me!
cheers
Ralphy
PS If you need any help in organisng/setup etc for mini I would be happy to help

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
Hey guys..

Only 2 weeks to go.. yay!
What I would like to see some discussion on:
- Layout and addressing of lights. Not exactly a how to, but a best practices type of thing. Pros and cons of doing it certain ways.
- Related to above.. a guide on making a spreadsheet to record light addressing etc. (Lithgow showed his in zoom last night, which was fantastic, just some elaboration on that would be nice)
- Sequencing. Tips and tricks to make it easier. Hotkeys/shortcuts in major programs (xlights/vixen?)

Obviously these are mainly beginner related (as this is what I am), but I think there would be some useful info in there for others too. I know this response is a bit late.. and I apologise for that :)

Thanks
Kimbo