An Idea for next year

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Well we've seen Geoff on TV but unfortunately we have also seen a lot of crappy static displays that can be wacked up in a day. I've just picked up the local paper that has photos of 5-6 displays all but 1 are static and non of them are members.

Given we are a group of considerable size maybe we should use this to promote the hobby, we have an up to date map of displays world wide and should promote this to the media so that they come here 1st to find how they are going to film/print/interview which will not only reward those who make it on/in to the media outlets but will promote the hobby.

This year individuals have tried to promote it themselves but I would guess that most media outlets would get a bucket load of these sort of phone calls and emails. As a Organisation the media outlets may take a bit more notice.

Just food for thought

Steve22537

Full time elf
I nominate Beacy as the ACL Media Representative.....

MGalleryItem.php

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I'll second that Steve. And i'll put Talktocoxie's name forward as officer for everything technical

rsz_1mark.jpg

joekin

Apprentice elf
its all fun and game til someone losses a mega tree. he was around my place the other night texting me to tell me he was about it knock mine tree down, not realising I was at home. lol

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
joekin said:
he was around my place the other night texting me to tell me he was about it knock mine tree down, not realising I was at home. lol

Should have snuck out and stuck a banana up his car's exhaust pipe - Beverly Hills Cop style. :D

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I know. you should turn it into a huge angel and put wings on it

charltonmick

New elf
Just wondering if any one has made a flier or pamphlet that we could print out and maybe drop in a couple of letter boxes of some of the static display houses so they know of the auschristmaslighting.com site and maybe next year they can become one of us. i know one street that most of the houses have lights but no automation.

Michael

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator