Audio problem

merryoncherry

Senior elf
So, this brings up a good question about those small transmitters.

How are the small transmitters being powered?
Is it enough power for them to work properly?
My brother's is a CZE-05B or whatever, with its own power wall wart. It's not exactly "cheap", but certainly not expensive... I think they go for sixty bucks or so.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
The 7C is too powerful, especially on High. You will want to put it into low power mode.

• Unplug the power at the rear
  • Hold down the power button
  • Connect the power whilst continuing to hold button
  • It'll go into config mode. Release they button. First is power level
  • Use the Up/Down buttons to make the display say L for a low power
  • Press the port button Power. You're now configuring the lowest frequency the transmitter can support.
  • Use Up/Down to select 87.5MHz, the lowest allowed frequency in the AU radio spectrum.
  • Press Power again. You're now configuring the highest frequency the transmitter can support.
  • Use Up/Down to select 107.9MHz, the highest allowed frequency in the AU radio spectrum.
  • Press power a last time to save the settings.
This will drop the power to 1.5W from 7W. Still crazy high but much better. The more common CZE-05B is 0.5 W on high and 0.1W on low and we always recommend low.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
The 7C is too powerful, especially on High. You will want to put it into low power mode.

• Unplug the power at the rear
  • Hold down the power button
  • Connect the power whilst continuing to hold button
  • It'll go into config mode. Release they button. First is power level
  • Use the Up/Down buttons to make the display say L for a low power
  • Press the port button Power. You're now configuring the lowest frequency the transmitter can support.
  • Use Up/Down to select 87.5MHz, the lowest allowed frequency in the AU radio spectrum.
  • Press Power again. You're now configuring the highest frequency the transmitter can support.
  • Use Up/Down to select 107.9MHz, the highest allowed frequency in the AU radio spectrum.
  • Press power a last time to save the settings.
This will drop the power to 1.5W from 7W. Still crazy high but much better. The more common CZE-05B is 0.5 W on high and 0.1W on low and we always recommend low.
These instructions seem to match the CZE-05B also. I switched mine to low power on the first day, after picking up the signal ~1000m away.