Melbourne/Vic Australian Melbourne Mini 2011

If you did'nt attend the Melbourne Mini, why?

• I'm going to another Mini somewhere else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

• I'd have come but it clashed with something else ( Bad date for me )

• I've spent too much on lights already ( too expensive )

• Did'tn even know about it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPB

Full time elf
:) I have received approval to attend. I brought up the subject while we were discussing her trip to the tennis in Melbourne in a fortnight. Timing is everything ;)

Jon

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Re: Welcome to Abbotsford Mini

tuppetsdad said:
(Phil can you please give me EDIT access to the wiki to update more info on the Mini?).

The Wiki and Forum member databases are not linked at the moment, you just need to create an account to edit the WIKI.

As the forum and wiki are hosted seperately i'm looking into how to integrate the members but it's not that easy.

phil

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Yes we have car parking for 20 cars and on the weekend no problem to park in the street. Close to Yarra river if you really want to ride a bike from the downtown.
Collingwood fans are generally banned from our site but since Brisbane Lions took Fev off us they are very welcome.
Ray Wu has agreed to send us some nice samples and I am working on others to do the same.
I suggest we have a few working demos to show how things fit together for controlling both conventional LED strings and a range of RGB pixel devices with multiple network types as this can be helpful for many members. You can also see with FastEddie's and Lithgow Lights shows the pixel based screens have a lot of potential so appreciate some ideas on how to integrate a screen in one of the working models and possible suppliers.
Assume MPH and Phil will have some new goodies as well.
We have a BBQ on site for lunch and some nice coffee shops and two pubs nearby. Otherwise we are close to Melbourne night life in Brunswick Street, Chapel Street, Lygon Street and Flinders Lane but depends on people's budgets.
Looking forward to seeing you there!

mrpackethead

Full time elf
our son in law is a chef, and daughter is a restranant manager and they would cook us up a storm bbq, and i'd budgeted it in the $20 head charge...

mrpackethead

Full time elf
@wjohn,

i've only got access to two EX8216's which gives us about 800 ports of ethernet, can you get us a couple of CSR-1s? We can do an interop esessio, and set up some routed multicast just for a laugh!

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Phil - we don't seem to have access to make account on the wiki.
MPH - maybe move last post to "Show Off" area! lol

artzy

artzy-Noble Christmas
Bombers vs Dees at the MCG Friday night so I can organise free tickets if any want to go (will check availability of corporate box once season gets underway).

If any are interested let me know

paul

PS Tuppetsdad, I think we would happily give you Fevola back if you like

kel

Dedicated elf
Ok, for travellers, arriving Fri, we need details re airport location, taxi numbers, suitable accommodation, distance to the venue, eating places, and other stuff ... no idea what at this stage ...

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Tullamarine airport is approx 20km n/w of city and Avalon Airport is about 55km s/w of city

Taxi's http://www.13cabs.com.au/

Accommodation wotif.com.au - there are so many to choose from

Food every second shop in Melb seems to be a coffee shop, cafe or restaurant - even that car wash is a coffee shop
You won't go hungry thats for sure. Carlton, Collingwood, Fitzroy have a huge range of different cusine and you can get a tram to most of these places from the city.

Trams http://www.yarratrams.com.au/desktopdefault.aspx

Trains http://www.metrotrains.com.au/

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Yes Kel just remember for the trams you pay in cash on the tram with coins only and no change given. If you get the one to St Kilda just need a one way ticket....

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Put me down as a question mark. With a possible wedding @ the end of the year I'm not sure I can afford the trip this year. :( However I'm still to visit either of the DFO's in Melb, so I really wanna go . . . :)