Melbourne/Vic Australian Melbourne Mini 2011

If you did'nt attend the Melbourne Mini, why?

• I'm going to another Mini somewhere else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

• I'd have come but it clashed with something else ( Bad date for me )

• I've spent too much on lights already ( too expensive )

• Did'tn even know about it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J

New elf
Put me down as a question mark, i may be booked in to do my capstone/final tafe exam at the same time. If not ill ride my new bike down

Bridgette

Apprentice elf
toodle_pipsky said:
Put me down as a question mark. With a possible wedding @ the end of the year I'm not sure I can afford the trip this year. :( However I'm still to visit either of the DFO's in Melb, so I really wanna go . . . :)

If your doing DFO's Im with u, great shopping and even better coffee in Melbourne "Villa & Hutt" coffee chain and then there are always the patisseries in ST Kilda, ok Ill stay on task, Christmas in June ........
Bree
:p

mrpackethead

Full time elf
Re: Australian Mini 2011 - Community Project

As a spin off of the Mini, ( and this probably is only really applicable to Melbourne only people ) woudl there be any interest in a group building a community display in a high profile site in the city? for Christmas 2011. All gear would be supplied, you coudl go wild with cool stuff.. ( within reason ).. I can't say too much but if there were some interested people i coudl connect the dots so to speak.. I'm pretty sure that the other site would be very interested...

mrpackethead

Full time elf
Australian Mini 2011:AP DRONE COMPETITION

There will be as a both a participation sport and observation an AP DRONE DOGFIGHT COMPETITION.. Its got nothing to do with lights, but its fun and lots of laughts.. Hopefully we will have some seasoned Drone fighters around, and theres probably some opportunitys for some learners as well.

If you dont know what a drone is check this out

http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/usa/

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Looks like they will fly nice in our Warehouse MPH.
By the way Kel we can supply supply safety helmets and glasses or you can call in the locust plague people and just spray them. We will have a bit of trouble with if you use your .22 in a built up area.

TimW

Full time elf
I am not a seasoned drone fighter... but I'm pretty sure the hardware is vulnerable to airborne candy cane assault.... or ropelight strafing.......

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Hi guys,

I've written up an invitation to the mini for non-members. There was some discussion about getting more people involved in the community and also encouraging locals with simple christmas displays to learn about what else is out there, so the Saturday is going to be kept at a level that complete beginners can understand as much as possible.

If you know anyone in Melbourne who you think should come along, why not send them an invite? I've put the tuppetslights email on there for people who aren't confident about signing up on the forum just yet, so feel free to pass it on to anyone you want to convince to come along.

Attachments

• Melbourne Mini invite 2011.pdf
    26.5 KB · Views: 20

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
The letter looks good!

Though I have one suggestion for reaching decorators that are unlikely to be members here (or on other sites like PC ..) - maybe add "get together" at the end of the title as they may not understand what a Mini is? :)

Another question - has any progress been made towards a stream of the mini (either as it happens or streamed on a delay)

Melbourne Christmas Lights Mini Get-Together :)

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Thanks, here is a new version with the get-together addition for anyone who feels this makes it clearer. I have also included a slimmed down version of the schedule on this copy so that you won't forget to give them both to whoever you want to invite.

oh, and volunteers are still needed for some sessions - see the wiki for details. We particularly need someone to:
1. give an overview on wireframes, trees stars etc. and how to do some basic construction/summary of existing designs
2. give a Vixen demonstration
3. tell us something about E1.31. and how to implement.

Attachments

• Melbourne Mini invite 2011_with Schedule.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 20