Melbourne/Vic Australian Melbourne Mini 2011

If you did'nt attend the Melbourne Mini, why?

• I'm going to another Mini somewhere else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

• I'd have come but it clashed with something else ( Bad date for me )

• I've spent too much on lights already ( too expensive )

• Did'tn even know about it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPB

Full time elf
:( Unfortunatly I am going to be a late scratching. A project at worked has slipped onto the same weekend as the mini and I can't be out of town for the weekend.

Jon

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Sorry to hear it JPB.

Looks like about 30 people with more than a dozen from interstate and overseas. Have a few newbies as well as the older hands so should be a great weekend.

Plan to book for 20 people at Thy Thy Restaurant in Victoria St Richmond. Just confirming with them. This is one of Melbourne's best "cheap eats" places so no need to worry too much about the cost. Otherwise we have arranged food for Sat morning, Sat lunch and Sun Lunch. If you feel the need for a Latte or a cake there are two cafe's at the Abbotsford Convent which is a couple of minutes walk. This weekend they have a market so for any partners looking for something to do it's a nice place.

If you arrive really early on Saturday then don't be concerned if our car park is chained off as we need to keep the visitors to the market from filling it up!

Plenty of space for you to set up a display or to show off your stuff so please bring something along. We have some trestle tables for this and power etc. Bring your PC's, dimmers, cables etc if you want to run anything. We want plenty of goodies on display. First mega/mini trees were installed today!

If you want to drop off anything on Friday we are open from 8.30 until 6.00 PM.

Looking forward to a great weekend. See you soon.

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Some further housekeeping... If anyone has any special dietary requirements etc. please let me know asap.
We will be buying a fair bit of food on Thursday and Friday. I particularly need to know about vegetarians and anyone with any other specific issues, like dairy, egg, wheat, etc.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
tuppetsdad said:
Sorry to hear it JPB.

Looks like about 30 people with more than a dozen from interstate and overseas. Have a few newbies as well as the older hands so should be a great weekend.

Plan to book for 20 people at Thy Thy Restaurant in Victoria St Richmond. Just confirming with them. This is one of Melbourne's best "cheap eats" places so no need to worry too much about the cost. Otherwise we have arranged food for Sat morning, Sat lunch and Sun Lunch. If you feel the need for a Latte or a cake there are two cafe's at the Abbotsford Convent which is a couple of minutes walk. This weekend they have a market so for any partners looking for something to do it's a nice place.

If you arrive really early on Saturday then don't be concerned if our car park is chained off as we need to keep the visitors to the market from filling it up!

Plenty of space for you to set up a display or to show off your stuff so please bring something along. We have some trestle tables for this and power etc. Bring your PC's, dimmers, cables etc if you want to run anything. We want plenty of goodies on display. First mega/mini trees were installed today!

If you want to drop off anything on Friday we are open from 8.30 until 6.00 PM.

Looking forward to a great weekend. See you soon.

Do we need to book in with you if we would like to attend this dinner or has it just show up if you want to go.

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Make sure to let us know on Saturday morning at least so we can confirm the reservation with more accurate numbers. Of course if anyone wants to confirm earlier than that we are happy to keep track of attendance.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I see now. Mis-read the restaurant name. still sounds good to me

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Spot on David have booked for 20 people at 7.00 PM on Saturday night. They are a flexible bunch so a few more or less will be OK. BYO as well. Very nice food and cheap. Booked under "Bruce". They have some blinkeys as well so will fit the mood....

klanger

New elf
Hi Tuppet,

I know its been a while since I've showed my face around here, but will be there on the weekend.
Can you put me down X2 for Saturday nights dinner at Thy Thy.

Kev

JTR

New elf
Sorry for the late notice but yeah. Why not. I'll come along. Sounds like it will be a blast.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Just so the numbers can be pinned down more accurately.
I'm down for Saturday solo and won't be heading to Thy Thy but probably Maccas near the Thunderdome on my way home.
Will be an AWESOME day :)

daunce

Full time elf
Tuppets and co.

So sorry to say i cant make it. I've got a new kitchen being installed on Monday, and we need to finish putting up plaster in the kitchen, and some flooring. The plan was to have it all done last weekend :-( I've been trying to do some after work, but.. once i hit that couch....

If we get the majority of it done, i'll show up on Sunday, but who knows.

Geoff: I was hoping to catch up with you to say thanks in person with the advice on last years show. Without you, i wouldn't have understood half the LOR stuff.

Tuppets, you have put in a lot of work. Sorry i'll be missing it all.

-daunce