Melbourne/Vic Australian Melbourne Mini 2011

If you did'nt attend the Melbourne Mini, why?

• I'm going to another Mini somewhere else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

• I'd have come but it clashed with something else ( Bad date for me )

• I've spent too much on lights already ( too expensive )

• Did'tn even know about it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Best of wishes for the Aussie mini, I hope everything goes well for you guys and that everyone enjoys themselves and takes away a little bit more knowledge with them after its all finished.
Wish I could join you guys but that wasn't to be, I was really looking forward to meeting you all but work commitments took precedent. Maybe next year!

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
have fun at the mini, an drink lots of beer for me
maybe next year the smartalec might show his face,
Enjoy an i'll hope to see you's all drunk on the web stream

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Well it's the night before Christmas (fun) and all is ready for the weekend. Looking forward to having as many of you as we can with us.

Had Geoff from Brisbane for dinner tonight. Great to meet up with another member of our crew.

Have fun

SmartAlecLights

it was the night before the mini, an all through the house
bruce was stumbling , cause he could'nt find the mouse
so he park his bum down , an drunk all the beer.

(someone help me finish this)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: Australian Mini 2011 WEB Stream Live Now

Fasteddy said:
The Australian mini is live now on the web stream

Go make a quick account and then enjoy. On Today and Tomorrow

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/MelbourneMINI

The Australian mini will recommence at 9am eastern Australian time so as of from the time of this post it will commence in just over an hour or so and should run most of the day.
The stream worked well yesterday and sound issues have all been sorted out that was had in yesterdays morning session.

Join in the chat and ask questions by visiting the AusChristmasLighting Forum Chat room

mrpackethead

Full time elf
Re: Australian Mini 2011: Highlights.

(1) Geoff's talk about his show and construction. Absolutely awesome and inspirational.. I've not seen such dedication and effort on a scale like this before. Its making me find new energy for my show

(2) Gutterguard - Not what tim was actually talking about but the idea was awesome.. Thanks Tim

(3) Tess' pancakes, and the roo sausages..

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Well done to all.

A big thank you to The Tuppet' s for providing the venue and your time and effort to put this on for us, there were many great ideas and I am sure everyone walked away with great inspiration and ideas. I am in total agreement with MPH, Geoff's presentation was great and his displays have always been in my mind the best in the country. Thanks to those who travelled from far and wide to attend and offer their ideas and knowledge.

Once again congratulations to all great job. Hope to see you all next at the Melb Mini - in Ipswitch? WT

SmartAlecLights

647898p3x66l7y91.gif

A Big Thankyou From the members at ACL
For Presenting a Mini that will be Remembered for years to come
Well Done Bruce an Tess
thank-you-5.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would like to thank Tess and Bruce for doing a fantastic job planning and hosting the Melbourne Mini, there was a lot of effort on their part which went a long way to making the weekend a success for all those that attended.
I would also like to thank both Bruce and Tess for doing my presentation due me being stuck up here with work commitments, you guys did a fantastic job considering and I wish i could have been there and am sorry for my lack of attendance.
The web stream was great and at least gave us that didn't attend a bit of the feel of what we were missing out on. You guys have set the standard for the Sydney and Brisbane minis.
I would also like to thank Andrew - MPH (Stellascapes), LOR, Tess and Bruce for providing some great prizes, I'm sure there were some very happy people there.
And finally i would like to thank the presenters and the attendees as without you guys there is no real mini.

So next is the Sydney Mini to be held on the 24th of July and then the Brisbane Mini a few weeks after that so I hope both of those go as smooth as the Melbourne mini appeared to.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I agree Eddy. All did a great Job in the organization of the event and to those who organised prizes. It has given me some idea on the format for the Brisbane mini on the 6th of August and I look forward to presenting it with our Contributions to the community of this Forum. The Highlight for me was meeting everyone, sharing information and hearing personal stories about there display both good and bad experiences.