Blue Invading my Sequence

thevikester

Apprentice elf
Okay, I have blue coming into my sequence, when I am only using one Effect, effect 2 is locked to None. I am using the Palette, of Red, Green and White. I have blue and yellow locked out, but for some reason, blue keeps creeping in, and its on the same area of the house, on the ridge...
I deleted the entire xseq file....started from scratch with different effects...and it keeps coming back...I'm guessing a bug of some sort, I just don't know what...any help on this would be appreciated.

thevikester

Apprentice elf
It's the sequence itself, not outputting to the lights. I see it on the preview and also upon export. I have checked the "models" in question and they are as they should be.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Sean. As a training exercise I downloaded the XML files on drop box and got to the point of having all the models and the timing marks in Nut Cracker.
When I went to SAVE it says "Open a sequence" but one is open. Have looked at your Video, Sean, and followed step-by-step, so I believe..... please explain my error. Cheers

smeighan

Dedicated elf
nzlongfellow said:
Sean. As a training exercise I downloaded the XML files on drop box and got to the point of having all the models and the timing marks in Nut Cracker.
When I went to SAVE it says "Open a sequence" but one is open. Have looked at your Video, Sean, and followed step-by-step, so I believe..... please explain my error. Cheers

if you have an xml file you
1) DO create a new sequence from a sound file. This is Option 3 in the Open choices
2) Give the same sound file that was used with the xml file u have
3) Check the box that you have an xml file
4) Give the xml file name
5) Now a new sequence is created using the sound file AND all the effects from the xml file.
6) Click save, you can use the exact same name as the original xml. it will overwrite the original xml with the exact same data.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I've been through it several times. Same result.
I notice that while I select xml file it looks for an Audacity file, but so does your demo...... Please see screen shots.

Problem solved. Did not have any channels setup for the new sequence.

Attachments

• xLights File Upload Testing.docx
    366.1 KB · Views: 10

thevikester

Apprentice elf
Any luck on the blue portion of the program...If I were running this on LOR, I could manually go an edit the sequence, but hoping not to do that :)

thevikester

Apprentice elf
In this case Shanta, its just one model out of probably 20 that gets the wrong color, the rest seem to work just as they should...

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
I don't mean to insult but it's happened to me a few times. When you setup your universes, are you sure you set it up for 510 channels instead of the default of 512. That drove me nuts and was one thing I felt "it couldn't be that" but it was lol
John