Brisbane/Qld Brisbane/Gold Coast Mini 2016 April 30- May 1st

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Re: Interest Thread - Brisbane/Gold Coast Mini 2016 April 30- May 1st

I'm in!

Should be able to bring down some gear to demo too.

AAH said:
I'm interested but only if Supersteve limits the amount of "not too much on" that he limits himself to and also if the proposed Coffee and Biscuit consuming for beginners could be scheduled at the same time as a Coke Zero and Tim Tam consuming for advanced users.

Sydney's 15min timeslots worked well I thought.

Sticking to basic workflow principals & concepts I think works best. Step by Step tutorials are probably better for 1:1 free time.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT

Sticking to basic workflow principals & concepts I think works best. Step by Step tutorials are probably better for 1:1 free time.
15 min time slots in Qld come on Brad you know things don't happen that quick up here it has taken over 30 yrs to make our minds up about daylight saving and still no result lol

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator

lizardking(adam) said:

15 min time slots in Qld come on Brad you know things don't happen that quick up here it has taken over 30 yrs to make our minds up about daylight saving and still no result lol

15min TIME SLOTS.. You cant learn anything in 15mins, "We'll stick to our make it up as we go format" based on what people want to learn about.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

Superman said:
lizardking(adam) said:

15min TIME SLOTS.. You cant learn anything in 15mins, "We'll stick to our make it up as we go format" based on what people want to learn about.

The best format for minis is just to let people meet and greet and talk to each other and show their stuff off, there should only be a few sit down topics, because everyone has a different level of experience and more times than not most sit down topics are waste of time for anyone with experience plus anyone new can ask specific questions and get a more 1 on 1 experience

Superman

Global moderator

Fasteddy said:
Superman said:
lizardking(adam) said:

The best format for minis is just to let people meet and greet and talk to each other and show their stuff off, there should only be a few sit down topics, because everyone has a different level of experience and more times than not most sit down topics are waste of time for anyone with experience plus anyone new can ask specific questions and get a more 1 on 1 experience

Yep, no need to tell us that,lol
Build it and they will come.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I'm still not sure if I can make it. I moved from Sydney in Dec and have been to a couple of mini's down there.

Is there any accommodation sharing going on to save cost.

I could demo my Vixen messaging software and/or my 240V S20 wifi switch software that interfaces with Vixen and/or show and talk about some of the new Vixen 3 features that I have added to Vixen that are not yet merged (nothing exciting).

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi everyone

As I'm now driving up, I'm happy to bring one of my singing faces for a bit of show and tell and how they are programmed in Xlights, if anyone's interested and time permits

Cheers
Fing

Superman

Global moderator
Perfect Fing as that is one less thing I have to load up.
Thank-you

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Hi Steve I maybe able to lighten your load the the trip to the coast with some of the following:
Pixlite 16 Long Range controller
Falcon 16 V2 controller
Mini Trees (Christmas Creations)
Spiral Trees
Wire Frame Trees (Christmas Creations)

Let me know if you need any of these for the mini

Stuart