Brisbane/Qld Brisbane Mini 2012: June 16-17

H

harrisonk

The Brisbane Mini Video stream - Brisbane Mini 2012

As we are running of 4G and are in a tin shed there has been a few signal issues, but we are running solid at the moment.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Thanks for a great day! Was an excellent info packed day - looking forward to planning 2012 now. :D Was great to see people I haven't seen in a while, put faces to names and meet new people. Thank you to the organisers, and just thanks to everyone. 8)

DougieB

Full time elf
So just left the Mini. Thanks go to Steve,David, Eddy, Phil and Harrison for making the weekend enjoyable. I apologise if I left anyone out
Thanks again
Doug :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
DougieB said:
So just left the Mini. Thanks go to Steve,David, Eddy, Phil and Harrison for making the weekend enjoyable. I apologise if I left anyone out
Thanks again
Doug :D

I didnt do anything, i was just a one day fly in, all the credit should mainly goto Steve for doing the bulk of the organising and to David, Harrison and Phil for helping out. As usual there are many others that also helped and the mini wouldnt have been the success it was without them and all those that turned up

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I think it all went pretty well. We didn't even let the magic smoke out of anything this year !

Even with two days there were a few things we didn't get to do, but hopefully everyone got something out of it. :)

kel

Dedicated elf
Many thanks to our host Steve (and family), Geoff, David and Harrison for solving a few of 'my' problems. To the presenters, congrats for a job well done!

Thanks Geoff for your patience in explaining the build of your 10 arm spinner and for the daytime pics of your various builds :)

Prize draws ... wow, was I lucky! I managed to score a DC24 (thanks for donating it, David). Poor David, I brought with me one of my LOR controllers. Two triacs needed replacing ... but the nuts and bolts (LOR supplied) :eek: sorry David ... and also sorry for the exoskeleton of the ant :-[ and probably the release or the formic acid didn't help either ::) I also learnt how to update the DC48 firmware using a pickit 3 :) Again, thanks David!

I also brought along an inflatable snowglow with dull lights ... and while everyone was trying to think about how to replace them, Harrison came up with the idea of using wht strip ( http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-SMD-5050-Waterproof-5m-White-SMD-300-LED-Flexible-strip-Light-12V-Citipower-/320894351174?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab6cb3746#ht_3893wt_1022 ) looped over the top to direct light downward, thus, illuminating the globe and also the figures. Steve assisted and before I knew it, there was a very illuminated snowglobe that could compete against any other LEDs. Thanks, Harrison and Steve, esp., for your donations to the cause :D

Thanks Danbar for the tint tubes ... when I put my first Ray order ... I know I have a use for them :)

As you can see and others witnessed, that I have a lot of stuff which I thought I was collecting ::) Officially, though, I have been re-classified as a 'hoarder' ... lol

I think, the main things that I benefited from the BNE mini, was the comradeship, willingness for sharing and just being able to observe how things are connected. I think I have become more focussed on what I need to buy via China and what I don't! Eddie's tips were invaluable :)

Again, thanks all attendees for a a fab mini! :D

Cheers
kel :)

PS I now have a genuine autographed copy of the 1st Ed Dummies RGB Guide ... :D

joekin

Apprentice elf
Well!! Another successful Brisbane mini done and dusted. Thanks to Steve for all the work in organising it and to the presenters for the presentations they all made.

Xccentric

New elf
Thanks all for the effort. You know who you are....
Loved every second of it. And it's nice to see faces that match the name again.
And best thing of all, I made some new friends..
The worst thing is, I have to save up now so I can buy those items I saw on display.

And yeah! You people are the worst influence on me.... lol..
Keep safe and see you around the ridges.
Xccentric

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Ok, two group photos for you to put names too....

Ryan, if you want a hi res one just ask.

_6167827s.jpg

and the second one

_6167829s.jpg

I'm third from the left standing up, black shirt, Eric from the NT is directly behind me

Phil