Brisbane/Qld Brisbane Mini Expo 2013 - 15th/16th June - initial interest thread

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
ѕυρєямαη said:
It is with great regret I announce I will not be able to host this years Brisbane Mini.
Work commitments,Time restraints,A close personal friend with a terminal illness and the non-availibilty of my usual Venue have all added together and I just haven't been able to find time to devote to organising such an event.

Sorry to hear about your friend Steve. :(

We all thank you for the effort you put into the previous 2 years though. Don't stress about having to can the 2013 mini.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
David_AVD said:
Sorry to hear about your friend Steve. :(

We all thank you for the effort you put into the previous 2 years though. Don't stress about having to can the 2013 mini.

I second that.
Where the is a will there is a way for blinky flashy people to get together, something will come together.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
We have a few interstaters coming to the Sydney mini and with the Vivid festival as part of the festivaties then this makes coming south that little bit more justified. In fact Steve is heading south for the weekend

I reakon if a few of you guys get together on this that you will be able to do a group booking for accomodation and save some dollars. So start planning now if you have any interest.

So feel free to have a weekend down south and join in the Sydney mini.

I hope you guys at least get a small meet going somehow.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Maybe a meet and greet would be a good idea. I think a lot of people would be happy just to meet up and turn a few lights on and off. ;)

kel

Dedicated elf
Ok, just in case no one else offers ...

I am throwing my hat in the ring ... plus volunteering my other half ...

I/we would love to host the Qld mini ... pls recall that Billie Moore aka Willie came from this region ... and what a Qlder he was :D

I/we have the venues and the space to host a fab Qld event ...

Tenterfield, just S of the border >>> Peter Allen territory >>> Tenterfield Saddler ... and ... I Still Call Australia Home

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
zaclepp said:
Looks like ill be able to make it so count me in :)

Hi zaclepp,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately there still isn't a plan to have a Brisbane Mini this year due to unforeseen circumstances.

Steve