Bunnings enclosure - Ezy Storage Waterproof IP67 Storage Box - 18L

cdjazman

Full time elf
I wonder if the clear plastic tubs will be ok and not degrade too fast (become brittle) with the UV from the sun.
As said supposed to be UV resistant. Will not be in direct sun for me so should not have a problem.

Attachments

• 20210612_141602.jpg
    20210612_141602.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210612_141552.jpg
    20210612_141552.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 21

cdjazman

Full time elf
Nice!
I’m using the same box but the slightly bigger 32L model.

I went the bigger box because I’ve gone horizontal rather than vertical with my boards and power.
John,

Do you have any pics of the bigger box. Need another and thinking the horizontal might be better.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Ill be using one of these for my show. Have a lot of room which is good. Tactix box
Also got a couple of the smaller ones for my fm transmitter and the outdoor speaker.Tactix Box

All i did for added protection was i added a weather strip between the lid and box even though the lid wraps around the box. weather strip
View attachment 17738
I love these boxes for controllers at the moment, you can get them in 4 or 5 different sizes too

Iain

Full time elf
This one looks interesting, good for packing away and carrying afterward too!

Clegg

New elf
I picked up one of the 32L ones a few months ago to use for the "main" box but trying to find them locally wasn't easy. This ended up sitting under the Verandah so I wasn't worried about water ingress - but I will say the material is pretty thin and I ended up splitting (hairline fracture) in a couple of spots. You can kind of see it in "box_3.JPG" on the right hand glands. Otherwise, there was plenty of room to put in 3 x Power Supplies and 3 x Raspberry Pi's, Power Distribution Boards, Mini Switch and a couple of fans. I definitely wouldn't be game to spray it with the hose though... but the box is still in good shape.

Attachments

• box_1.jpg
    box_1.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 44
  • box_2.JPG
    box_2.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 45
  • box_3.JPG
    box_3.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 42
  • box_4.JPG
    box_4.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 44

Clegg

New elf
Nice @withdrawn, what did you use for the shelves and legs?
Those are 3D Printed - I'd put together a design in SketchUp for the legs and the top plate. The Raspberry Pi's have an Armour case on them (I had them for an entirely different project, so didn't want to go around disassembling them), so no where to screw them in - so those had some clips in the design to hold them to the board. The distribution boards were far easier - some brass heat-set inserts in the plastic and they screw in fine. I'm pretty sure I used 3M tape to hold them to the base... They held up fine in their respective boxes (the third one ended up on the roof in one of those outdoor ABS boxes).

Attachments

• top-plates.jpg
    top-plates.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 25
  • 3d leg.png
    3d leg.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 25
  • plates.png
    plates.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 25