CCR Ribbon alternative to work with CCR controller

dale82

Senior elf
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting any of the CCRs alternatives to work with LOR and the CCR controllers?

kane

Dedicated elf
dale82 said:
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting any of the CCRs alternatives to work with LOR and the CCR controllers?
I believe that the CCR's are 6803 based, so I'm pretty sure you can use 6803 strip with the CCR Controller...

very very doubtful that it would suppore other strip types (2801, 2811, 1804 etc)

kennyz06

New elf
Just buy a J1Sys and be done with the CCR stuff. It works well with LOR too... thats what I do :)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Kane said:
I believe that the CCR's are 6803 based, so I'm pretty sure you can use 6803 strip with the CCR Controller.

Correct, the CCR strip is 6803 based. I proved interoperability with them last year. The RGB colour order can be different, but fixable in software anyway.

dale82

Senior elf
How does the JS system integrate into LOR? I want to get into pixels but I'm thinking I may have to go to the 2013 Brisbane mini so I can see how it all integrates.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I use my CCR controllers in DMX mode and use 6803 modules running in my candles and 4 candy canes. So what you need to connect up with the CCR controller is the 6803 IC as that what is used in the CCR. The RGB orientation will most probably be different but this is no issue to change in most software packages (not sure how easy this is with LOR S3)

My CCR strip are now being driven by a J1SYS ECG-P12R controller setup with the 6803 output.

So use the 6803 IC and it will work with the CCR controller, it doesnt matter if they are strips, modules or pixels, as long as they are the 6803.