Confirm/Order Acrylic white tube 50mm OD 3m long

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I see no issue with this, but would like to see what others think

The basis of most group buys has been for buying electronics or parts for boards, these have prices that vary greatly with the more you order but you still can order small amounts if there was only a little interest but the cost will be higher because those price breaks never got met.

In this situation there is a minimum order quantity of 200 before the factory will deal with you, so its not about getting to price breaks to reduce the cost but instead its about getting enough to make the MOQ because without the MOQ then there is no group buy

So both situations are very different and the rules are written more towards the purchasing of electronics where you can buy 1 off but at a much higher cost than if you bought 1000 as part of a group buy. The more involved in a group buy the higher the price break and its not uncommon for the original quoted price to actually go down if interest is large enough, thats what happened when i did a group buy a few years back on the strobes..

If 200 tubes were were requested by members then there is no need for Michael to buy extras unless he wants extras for onselling later, which is his own decision to make as it is his financial investment. The group buy still gets done as per the rules and if there were any damaged tubes he would have enough to cover that which is what the rule specifies 'keep reasonable spares' which means that a member who was part of a group buy needs a replacement then its offered at the price the group buy was at because that would be covered by the resonable spares, but for tubes then there is not too much that can be wrong unless the buyer damages it when bending and then a replacement cost would be at the discretion of the organiser because the tube was damaged by the member and not from anything outside of his control

I dont think the rules need to be changed to much, I just think there needs to be a bit more clarification on what reasonable spares means. That is my 5cents worth on how i view it and im sure there are others that dont agree.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Fasteddy said:
In this situation there is a minimum order quantity of 200 before the factory will deal with you, so its not about getting to price breaks to reduce the cost but instead its about getting enough to make the MOQ because without the MOQ then there is no group buy

I am OK with this if and only if a) Michael doesn't use the ACL forums as a platform to sell his personal extras at an inflated price and b) all rules are followed. Sadly Michael _STILL_ does not have seem to have read the bulk buy rules.

For instance:
"and the PayPal payment fees included in the cost."

And I query whether this has yet been received?
l Bulk Buys and their managers must be approved by an administrator of AUSCHRISTMASLIGHTING

I feel that it important to follow these rules so that members know there is consistency between bulk buys and do not have to ask 100 questions each time to work out how they differ in subtle ways.

EDIT: I still feel that Michael could easily reach the MOQ of 200 if he did it at a time of year where more people were on ACL, eg immediately after the minis.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
darylc said:
Fasteddy said:

I am OK with this if and only if a) Michael doesn't use the ACL forums as a platform to sell his personal extras at an inflated price and b) all rules are followed. Sadly Michael _STILL_ does not have seem to have read the bulk buy rules.

For instance:

l Bulk Buys and their managers must be approved by an administrator of AUSCHRISTMASLIGHTING

I feel that it important to follow these rules so that members know there is consistency between bulk buys and do not have to ask 100 questions each time to work out how they differ in subtle ways.

If these extras were then sold in the vendors section only then he is selling within the rules and as a vendor.

These rules were written by someone who has no more involvement with ACL and who wrote these at the time with a focus on electronic group buys because thats what he was doing and this is where some confusion comes into play because the rules dont seem to cover this situation very well.

The rules about who does a group buy and being given approval is more around the protection of the members because we dont want fly bys coming in and then ripping off the members, so we want trusted members that we know to hold group buys. If we didnt approve then this thread would have been pulled down before it gained any legs.

I will also state that this is my opinion and interpretation of the rules only, based on the intent at the time of these rules being written and does not represent the opinions of the other mods/admin of the site.

mborg10

Michael Borg
darylc said:

For instance:

EDIT: I still feel that Michael could easily reach the MOQ of 200 if he did it at a time of year where more people were on ACL, eg immediately after the minis.

I have amended cost of tubes from $20 to $20+3%paypal fee with freight to be calculated at time of delivery as per forum rules.

I couldn't see a section on pricing structure for selling personal items weather they be below at or above cost.

I do apologize I have not gained approval by ACL administrators but I am seeking approval now.

Time of year when I could reach MOQ is merely an opinion and being the manufacturing time and shipping time involved is extensive I would rather be early than late.

I did come across this rule though

Moderation - Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly "act" as moderators may be warned.
The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc

livetoride

Full time elf
Is it possible to change the title of the thread to temporarily canceled until further notice just to make it clear after reading the reading the whole thread I'm slightly unsure I'f it's going ahead or not!

mborg10

Michael Borg
Live2ride-Daniel said:
Is it possible to change the title of the thread to temporarily canceled until further notice just to make it clear after reading the reading the whole thread I'm slightly unsure I'f it's going ahead or not!
I couldn't change the title but changed the first line in the first post. We are back.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
hi,

Still happy to take 6. Is there a reason that we have to give paypal 3% instead of say a direct credit?

Cheers
Fing

mborg10

Michael Borg
Fing said:
hi,

Still happy to take 6. Is there a reason that we have to give paypal 3% instead of say a direct credit?

Cheers
Fing
Only that the forum rules state 3% and has to be done thru PayPal. If admin are happy for me to receive payment directly to my bank account I'm more than happy to do that.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
one thing I will say is that if anyone wants to do a group buy is that the message the moderators and administrators in the beginning then the little hurdles can be sorted out before we get to this stage.

it is also good that others bring things to the attention of moderators also as this site is way to big for us to read every post and we all have day jobs and families so can not be here 24hrs 7 days a week.

in regards to a direct payment I would check with Ryan as that is not within the rules of a group buy.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
i am happy to still take 10 tubes if chris is hit with a 3% paypal fee i am happy to pay it also i may order some more if i have a use for them

thank you for your efforts Michael and all admins on sorting this matter

Status
Not open for further replies.