Connecting Standard Fairy Lights to Light-o-Rama System

Hello,

I currently have a Christmas display, however Next year I'm looking into connecting my already existing lighting display to the Light-o-Rama Lighting control system.
I am currently using multiple strings of RGB Fairy Lighting (from memory dumbRGB).

I was wondering if it was possible to connect it to the Light-o-Rama system, I understand each row of LEDs will be a single color by doing this, but from memory that can be changed using the Light-o-Rama software.
Am I right?

I sent an email to Light-o-Rama and received a response, however, I didn't quite understand the response.

All Help is greatly appreciated, looking forward to next years display

Thanks

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Before you go down the lor route you may want to jump into chat or join zoom on Friday to discuss options. LOR is great but expensive for controlling 240V stuff ... but there are much better and cheaper ways to control other things.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi Alexander
Grab the ACL101 now that you're a member and have a read.
If lights are a fixed colour then they can't be changed via a controller. Only dumb rgb strips/nodes/fair lights (or pixel lights) can have the output colour varied.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
if by "fairy lights" you mean the common type you buy at Big W or Bunnings etc, that have a transformer and multi function controller (MFC), then the answer is a NO to LOR. Depending on the type of "fairy lights" you have and whether they have 2 or 3 wires coming out of the transformer/MFC then Alan (@AAH ) might have a solution for you. There's other threads that explain this.