differance between T-568A and T568b wire color ?

thornsinroses

New elf
Hi
always i have confusion about these wire colors.
1.In Christmas display which one we are using ?
2.i m planing to use dmx this year. thinking to use ethernet. so from computer to switch which one i have to use ?.is it T-568B crossover cable or stright cable ?
3. from switch to DR4 (j1sys) which cable can i use ?
4. from DR4 to cheaper dmx controller which color cable i have to use ?
--------
b. i am planing to use 100 counts 16 pair ordinary led's strings for mega christmas tree(not rgb). can i use LOR DC boards ?. or i have to use ac only ?
Thanks in advance.
thornsinroses

thornsinroses

New elf
Thanks SuperMan,
So can i use both ends T-568b for computer to switch, and same in switch to dr4 also ?
Thanks
Thornsinroses

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
yes from computer to switch to DR4 is a Straight Standard cable

thornsinroses

New elf
Hi SuperMan
Wht is the color code for DR4 to dmx controller(in dmx controller i have 4 cable red,blue,green, and white/yellow). can i use one end 568B and and another end ????(in 8 cables which one i have to use. and which pin). this is not LOR dmx. this is seperate network.
thanks for advance help
thornsinroses

thornsinroses

New elf
Thanks for your help...that helped me a lot.
b)for mega christmas tree( 100 *16 counts ordinary led)i m planing to use LOR boards . can i use DC board or AC board ?
:) :) :)
thanks

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
T568A and T568B are just different wiring colours. The pins are still wired 1..8 to 1..8 the same way for both types.

As long as you use the same standard (A or B) for both ends of a CAT5 cable, it will be wired straight through.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
thornsinroses said:
Thanks for your help...that helped me a lot.
b)for mega christmas tree( 100 *16 counts ordinary led)i m planing to use LOR boards . can i use DC board or AC board ?
:) :) :)
thanks

Do you have your lights yet? That will determine if your using a AC or DC LOR board. both of these boards can be connected to the DR4 with the modified cable from the info in the 4th post

thornsinroses

New elf
Hi
last year i bought 100*16 ordinary led lights. and already i have 3 AC controllers for other purposes. now i want to make use these lights for mega christmas tree. so i m planing to buy one more controller for christmas mega tree. so i heard that i can use these led's in DC board .my setup is LOR is separate network. and dmx is separate network. i don't want mix.
thanks