Discussion and feedback for XenForo 2.1 upgrade

bpratt

Senior elf
Good luck guys. I know what it is like when you do forum upgrades like this, where it is a major version upgrade, and lots of addons not yet ready for the upgrade, and then having to make things work. :)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
TIA Ryan for your hard work behind the scenes to keep the site running.
Looking forward to some new features (and fingers crossed some old favourites like the Fish Slap emoji make a comeback!)

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
will it work with tapatalk now? :)

Unfortunately not. However, XenForo 2.1 does improve on the mobile experience compared to the existing site. Other than multi-site content aggregation, is there any Tapatalk feature that you'd like to see?

While there is a XenForo 2 version of Tapatalk out there, it has been reported by admins of other sites to cause problems. These include bypassing XenForo anti-spam systems (which leads to increased bot activity and junk posts), triggering database errors and sometimes breaking account login. A XenForo developer has in the past warned customers to avoid Tapatalk because of the way that the XenForo version is programmed.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Looking pretty good now that the change has been done. Thanks yet again @ryanschristmaslights for all your work behind the scenes.
There's still a few bugs in chat which you already know about but on the whole it looks like a pretty smooth transition. Thanks also to @darylc and @Benslights and anyone else who had a beta play with the site as Ryan was testing and fixing things over the last few months.

bpratt

Senior elf
Looking good the upgrade.

But I've noticed a change in the Chat room.

I'll often stay logged in to it, even when I'm not here, and in the old version if I scrolled up a page from the bottom, when I'd come back it'd still be in that same spot for me to catch up on the new posts.

Now it appears to automatically move along, and then to scroll back, I have to "Load More" to get back to where I was last.