DMX Box Appearing over the contoller name

Jimbo

Full time elf
Hi,

I am using the light show pro in the demo mode. When I added the channels for my house outline, on the main screen at the top (channels 1-12) I cannot see the controller label name of House Outline. It has a box over it with the word DMX in it. Whenever I add further controllers - this appears again over the name (Icicles etc).

Can someone please advise if this just in the demo version? I watched the Beginners video and followed the same steps and this did not appear in the video.

I would like to have this clarified prior to purchasing the software license.

Thanks

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There's a thread or 2 around on this topic. If I remember rightly it has to do with standard sized fonts or something like that.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Yes, Alan that may be it.
In windows 8 it's a setting in
Control panel/ Appearance and Personalization /Disply

The size setting needs to be 100%

arw01

Full time elf
Jimbo said:
Hi,

I am using the light show pro in the demo mode. When I added the channels for my house outline, on the main screen at the top (channels 1-12) I cannot see the controller label name of House Outline. It has a box over it with the word DMX in it. Whenever I add further controllers - this appears again over the name (Icicles etc).

can you post a screen shot of this, does not do it on my screens, so would like to see what' different. ALso a screen shot of your controller configuration also please.

If I shrink my column size down, I don't have the issue either.

mmulvenna

Apprentice elf
It is a reported bug from quite a few users and it is not just with DMX controllers. It started with version 2.5 if I remember correctly. The developers will resolve it in the rewrite or possibly before if it is an easy fix.

Jimbo

Full time elf
lsp%20error.JPG

Here is a screen shot. As you can see there is a funny little box that appears over the controller names above on the main page.

I am using Windows XP.

I tried changing the fonts in the display settings nut didn't make a change.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jimbo

Full time elf
[attachimg=1]

Here is screen shot

Attachments

• lsp error.JPG
    lsp error.JPG
    388.1 KB · Views: 64

arw01

Full time elf
So tell me about your graphics card and your display drivers?

I'm on intel integrated with the laptop and don't have this issue at all. Must be some other trigger that LSP doesn't like and perhaps we can find it.

Interesting that Mike would say they might fix it before the rewrite, as Dean made it clear there were no fixes being done to 2.8 unless it was a show stopper, and even though I have a show stopper myself, it's not getting fixed.

No updates have come out on the progress of the re-write, even though it's been over 4 months since the decision to do the re-write.

Alan

mmulvenna

Apprentice elf
arw01 said:
Interesting that Mike would say they might fix it before the rewrite, as Dean made it clear there were no fixes being done to 2.8 unless it was a show stopper, and even though I have a show stopper myself, it's not getting fixed.

Alan

Have you let Dean know what the show stopper is?

arw01

Full time elf
My post is on the forum, you have bumped to it twice to developers. Next show won't run until something very small at the fourth of July.

mmulvenna

Apprentice elf
arw01 said:
My post is on the forum, you have bumped to it twice to developers. Next show won't run until something very small at the fourth of July.

Hi, I might suggest an e-mail to Dean as the developers are buried in the new coding.

Jimbo

Full time elf
So is there a solution to this issue? I would class it as a show stopper because it makes it impossible to clearly see the elements to program easily. I am also reluctant to go and buy another computer to potentially have the same issue again.

The computer is Intel 2 core duo 2.9GhZ processor with 4 gig ram running windows xp 42 bit addition.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Interim fix would be put somethin in front of the name until it get out from behind the DMX box. use something like ****** or AAAAAA or whatever symbols / letters you like.

Just a thought anyway.