DMX HELP WANTED

klanger

New elf
I am having trouble getting DMX to run for more than about a minute.
My setup is as follows.
Computer-= P4 3gig with 1 gig ram Windows Xp
Show software =Vixen 2.1, with the Enttec Open DMX plugin,
tried Enttec DMX USB pro, couldn't get it to work at all.
Set channel count from 1 to 48, only using 6 in the test sequence.

AVD DC48 channel board.
AVD USB485RJ-ISO interface.
I made a short 1 minute test program of 6 channels, set to run in a loop,all worked fine few a few moments then lights just stayed on and I noticed that the TS and RX lights on the interface doing nothing.
They were happily flicking on and off during running of sequence, then stop.
To get any response to lights I have to shut down Vixen and start again.
I have been able to stop and start sequence, but after a few goes it stops responding.

Just a little frustrated at the moment..

Kev

klanger

New elf
I got your program to work, I had to click on the open port button in settings to get it working. It tested ok, but when I close your program and run vixen, still the same problem.

klanger

New elf
Success sort off. Found out need to activate an 'Add-in' (read the vixen wiki helps)
So now I can run my test sequence in a loop and it keeps on running. BUT if I stop and start the sequence it stops working.
If I just leave the sequence running, don't touch vixen at all, seems all ok and runs as expected. But if I stop/start too often, or pause it all stops

i13

Dedicated elf
It may be possible to use the xLights scheduler with your sequences if Vixen plays up but I haven't tried this. I was told in chat that it might help to have the channels in each sequence listed in the same order too.

klanger

New elf
Well its next year, and I still haven't resolved my issues. And as usual, leaving it till the last minute.

I'm thinking its maybe a vixen setting or how I have set up my sequences.

I want to run both Renard and DMX, is there a trick/tip on how it should be set up, i.e can I only set say 50ch DMX and the last 70 odd ch in renard?