DMX to LOR Cable adaptor

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I was getting frustrated with making swap over cables to run LOR controllers in a DMX universe so i made a couple of these up. After I pulled it open it was just lengths of cable in it joining one end to the other so I did some cutting and re-joining and made an adaptor so all my cables can just be made as standard straight through cables and I can pop one of these into the line when I'm joining a LOR controller in between DMX ones. Information on which pins are which when doing this can be found in this thread.

Superman

Global moderator
Yes. But yours is a 2 way one. mines not. Very nice board David. do you have a little case for it?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I like that very much David, I have a heap of RJ45 F/M sitting around so im wondering how much would the board cost

David_AVD

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Community project designer
Generous elf
People seem to get so confused when making custom cables, I thought a little PCB might be handy. :)

I'll post some more details once the samples come back next week.

Sorry to hijack your thread Steve. Thought I might save your fingers. (opening up those couplers)

Superman

Global moderator
Damn I just ordered a Hundred and was going to convert them and flog them off. LOL

David_AVD

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Community project designer
Generous elf
SuperMan said:
Damn I just ordered a Hundred and was going to convert them and flog them off. LOL
You're a glutton for punishment. I guess the roof dive proved it already though. :D

Superman

Global moderator
I got them thru on of my wholesalers, I'd be fairly certain most of them would be cables inside.