Does your neighbour hate your lights

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I know someone nearby doesnt like my lights as I had the cops called on me the other day, funny thing is ive been talking to all the neighbours that are most affected and they are supportive, it only seems to be a couple of houses which arent even in the street that seem to have an issue and really i dont care about those whinging grinches.

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
I know someone nearby doesnt like my lights as I had the cops called on me the other day, funny thing is ive been talking to all the neighbours that are most affected and they are supportive, it only seems to be a couple of houses which arent even in the street that seem to have an issue and really i dont care about those whinging grinches.

That reminds me - I had a visit from the local constabulary last night - I wondered what they were doing, until they pulled up on the verge across the road and watched the show for 5 minutes!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6zs4511dfm0lba/2012-12-19%2020.02.48.mp4

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Kane said:
That reminds me - I had a visit from the local constabulary last night - I wondered what they were doing, until they pulled up on the verge across the road and watched the show for 5 minutes!

Just a few nights ago I had a similar thing happen. Local patrol car went past once slowly, then a second with a minute or so stopped. I think they were watching the lights too :D .

MarcD

Full time elf
Same here last night. Patrol car drives past then stops and reverses back. Seems the young cop in the passenger seat spotted virtual Santa in the window and asked his partner to go back to see what it was. They were from the crime squad.

We gave them both lollipops and chatted for a few minutes. We have the advantage of being able to name-drop because we pretty much run the local Neighbourhood Watch.

My wife e-mailed our police liaison officer today and warned him about possible crowds during our Santa visits on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (someone blabbed on twitter and facebook). He's going to arrange for patrols to swing by and make sure everything is running smoothly.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
John you should and then ask him to come blow the leaves off your front lawn at 9pm at night like he was doing at his house lol

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Thanks for coming over and checking out my display. The grinch across the road is just flat out sad. Makes you wonder how his life was so bad that he can't enjoy christmas. Its when he threatens my family, now that crosses the line.