E1.31 and LOR

yzguy96

Full time elf
Can someone point me to some documentation or videos on setting up my e1.31 controller in LOR? I have my ecg-p2 up and connect to it but want to test some colors and stuff in LOR...I setup my DMX universe with multicast but it is still not working?

yzguy96

Full time elf
Thanks, thats the video i followed to set up my controller in LOR...i currently have it set to multicast. Do I need to buy anymore hardware to get the sequencer to send the data to my P2 controller? Or it just sends the data on my primary NIC which is hooked up directly to my P2?

ShellNZ

Senior elf
So you have power going to P2, and the Cat5 cable going from NIC to P2.

You just needs channels in DMX mode to be setup in LOR S3. To make them RGB chans just right click on the "normal" channel and convert to RGB.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
If you have more than one NIC (or wireless), the multicast data may not be going to the NIC you want. Using unicast would fix that I think.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Yeh, mine is on unicast.

NetworkPref.jpg

yzguy96

Full time elf
yes cat5 goign fom PC to P2 and P2 is powered and I can connect to it. I have it multicast but I also tried setting it to 10.10.10.1 and 10.10.10.10? My control panel for LOR isnt running cause its not finding a com port but i do not have a LOR controller hooked up yet..i just want to test the led strip i have hooked up. right now the LED strip is on and white but doesnt change colors.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Another pic with unicast settings showing..

Networkprefs.jpg

Are they going on full white when powered up or when running sequences? If when powered up then the wiring may be wrong somewhere as they arent supposed to.

yzguy96

Full time elf
fullwhite on all the time...i using the pigtails and wwiring the same colors? I have thepower supply V- and P2 ground together and going to 1 ground on the string side.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Maybe time to test your hardware with my da_E131 utility. That will show you if it's just LOR not set up correctly or if you have another issue.

Oh, have you tried using the controller's test mode?

yzguy96

Full time elf
I plugged it in with the arrow going out? should it be the arrow facing in towards the wires i am connecting?

yzguy96

Full time elf
i wanted to use that utility but the ip address of the P2 isnt part of my main network so how can it find it through wireless?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The arrow should be pointing away from the input wires. so the arrow points in the direction of the data flow.

What strip are you using. Is it 2811