e1.31 (Sacn) to DMX Interface (1 in 4 out)

How many people are using the e1.31 (Sacn) to DMX Interface unit for DMX sequences?

• I am using it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drm1963

New elf
I acquired three of these earlier in the season and have tried each of them paying close attention to how they were working and responding. You can go into each and set which DMX Universe you would like to be on which device so you can group them based on location if different universes are closer than the actual channel set up would be.With a network switch I can run all three to quite a distance with no issues!

Now the issue I have seen on not just one of them but on all three of the units.

While running a sequence in LOR or just setting idle I have notice that each will drop out of DMX mode (DMX light will stop flashing and lights responding) and quit responding until I go and press the reset button. The unit then may work until the end of a song or all week ( no rhyme or reason or repeat-ability of when they may stop.

Has anyone had an issue like this and what might they have done to remedy this issue?
I contacted the manuf. by email but they were no assistance and even stopped responding.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
For-LSP-LightShow-Pro-E1-31-sACN-to-DMX-Controller-Interface-DMX-over-Ethernet-up-to.jpg

i13

Dedicated elf
I am not exactly sure how you want the poll to be answered. I've seen E1.31 to DMX bridges but not the particular one that you are posting about.

drm1963

New elf
i13 said:
I am not exactly sure how you want the poll to be answered. I've seen E1.31 to DMX bridges but not the particular one that you are posting about.

The poll is just trying to find out who all may be using this product and if they have any input.
My response from the manufacture stopped as soon as I told them I had three and all three we doing the exact same thing.

marmalade

cats & pixels
do the strings get power from the cat5 connectors? If the power supply is inadequate it could be causing the unit to brown out, easy to diagnose this by turning all the leds on (white).
Also router settings, cabling etc etc.
Its easy to blame the hardware but quite often it's something else in the implementation/setup that's causing the problem.

EmmienLightFan

One of few displays in the UK
I considered them as a useful thing and something to play with.

After this thread, maybe I don't.

I first saw them in a YouTube video by another lighter. Search for E1.31 to DMX on YouTube.

drm1963

New elf
Actually I figured out the issue and now have it taken care of!
Thank you!
They are working well and I have a total of 10 of them running some of the 40+ DMX universes we have

Thanks again!

drm1963

New elf
Based on the poll I see how it would benefit no one else and with the assistance I received on my question I think others can figure it out on their own!

But I will keep watching and if others have actual questions I will provided the route to the answer.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Providing the answers as well as asking questions is what forums are all about. Withholding it seems silly to be honest.

I guess the thread still serves as a reminder to everyone to research their purchases.

drm1963

New elf
Maybe if nothing else it will remind anyone who comes upon it to at least provide some input as it may be what the person asking the original question the even tiniest bit of information they may need!

340 views and 12 replies where 5 of them are my own?

Makes sense to me that all are helping as much as they can someone else!

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I'd be super happy to find a thread where there's only 2 posts. First one being the problem and the second one from the OP being the solution!

How many people read the thread or reply is of little consequence. What's really valuable is the knowledge shared. :)