ECG-P12R Firmware Upgrade

edmon

New elf
I am converting my ole p12r board into a testing box for various node types and I am looking for the firmware update to allow the board to read 2811 nodes. The website appears to be in the middle of an upgrade and did not see a download for firmware. If anyone has a version that I can use, that would be great.

Thanks,
Eddie Kempf

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
I would say the firmware you have on it could be the latest guys.

J1sys faded out of the community a long time ago,
other members on ACL might have a old copy if realy needed.

hope that helps

ps. my orginal j1sys boards control ws281x pixels fine

darylc

404 darylc not found
@MikeKrebs There was likely an update when they changed the timing requirements of 2811 pixels a couple of years ago

pixeldigger

New elf
Thanks Guys, its been over 10-12 years since I ran a show. I retired andmoved to another country. Decided to uncrate the stuff in the back of the shed here and I found an old ELOR Board that I have successfully run with the P12R (although I wont need the ELOR using xlights) and I have a J1sys ECG P2 and an ECG D2.
I've run what I'm thinking are 2801 strings? fine and I have a run of 100 WS2811 but the 2811 get very flaky.
Using blinka (adafruit) library, those do Great connected to a Pi4.

looking in the idex of files, I see a P12R folder there too. I think I may try it.

andrewa

Full time elf
Thanks Guys, its been over 10-12 years since I ran a show. I retired andmoved to another country. Decided to uncrate the stuff in the back of the shed here and I found an old ELOR Board that I have successfully run with the P12R (although I wont need the ELOR using xlights) and I have a J1sys ECG P2 and an ECG D2.
I've run what I'm thinking are 2801 strings? fine and I have a run of 100 WS2811 but the 2811 get very flaky.
Using blinka (adafruit) library, those do Great connected to a Pi4.

looking in the idex of files, I see a P12R folder there too. I think I may try it.
I only ever ran 2811 pixles off of my J1sys ECG P12S. From memory I would adjust the data timing in the interface to fix what you call flaky