ESPixelSticks

danv

Full time elf
Well the first batch is basically all gone.
Time to up the QTY for the next batch :)
I will also be making up a good QTY of PixAmp's as well, as my web store metrics are telling me that visitors are viewing that a little more than the Wixel's :)

Richie4540

Full time elf
Dan, can you show me how to hook up the programmer cables, i changed one wixel from the ssid that you programmed to what i though was my house ssid and of course have stuffed it up, i guess i could change the house ssid to match but thats a rabbit hole best avoided I think?

richie

danv

Full time elf
Dan, can you show me how to hook up the programmer cables, i changed one wixel from the ssid that you programmed to what i though was my house ssid and of course have stuffed it up, i guess i could change the house ssid to match but thats a rabbit hole best avoided I think?

richie
Ah damn. "Murphy's Law" hey?

This should give you a good understanding regarding programming mate.
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/pr...ogram-an-esp-01-circuit-with-the-arduino-ide/

Richie4540

Full time elf
Dan happy to report I took the 2nd made wixel home programmed with the correct ssid and not only does it connect to my house network it also shows up on fing when at home, so it must be my work network settings.

danv

Full time elf
Dan happy to report I took the 2nd made wixel home programmed with the correct ssid and not only does it connect to my house network it also shows up on fing when at home, so it must be my work network settings.
Excellent!
Great stuff!

danv

Full time elf
In a week or so I will be loading the following approximate QTY's into the web store:

50 x Wixel module's
40 x PixAmp module's
8 x DMX-WiFi module's

Bulk component order is arriving in a day or so.

danv

Full time elf
I have started assembling the units mentioned in my last post.

I have also updated store stock levels of the usb programmers.

Richie4540

Full time elf
Dan, so started setup for christmas and hung a wixel on the front driveway gate, had it working and touched the board when powered to wrap some tape on it for a bit of water protection and the board has stopped outputting a test sequence, all i get now is the first pixel lighting up and not responding to colour changes, I can access the web interface and have tried a few restarts but its not responding.
any ideas on what might casue this or how to fix it? I have my spare strings at work so cant change that yet, could the pixels be broken by something as simple?

richie

danv

Full time elf
That is very weird Richie.
Pixels or the Wixel could be damaged by static, but unlikely. The data output is also logic buffered on the Wixel so it is doubtful that you have damaged something serious. Hmm try an OTA update to the latest espixelstick firmware perhaps?

marmalade

cats & pixels
have you got a cheap tester to test if the string is ok? Only takes one bad ws2811 and the whole strip stops working (unless using one of the newer 2813 strips etc)

Wixels are quite rugged, takes quite a bit to kill them, but a few of those $2-3 testers from aliexpress/ebay makes troubleshooting a whole lot easier.

Richie4540

Full time elf
I took home another wixel - and the strings is ok and working again, so I have definitely done something to the wixel :) I will try to upload the firmware again tonight.

Richie4540

Full time elf
Dan, still digging through my shed looking for the ftdi connection cable I bought some time back, and work seems to be getting in the way.

danv

Full time elf
More stock of Wixel's and DMX-WiFi units will be loaded into the store in the next week or so.
A larger batch is being assembled (probably 50 Wixels and 10 DMX-WiFi units) this time, marmalade has 10 of those Wixel's reserved for him.
The PixAmp's have a design flaw (my bad.....) and I will be ordering new PCB's this week to correct the issue as it is a silly mistake that is easily corrected...... I must've been tired when I drew the artwork up :)