ESPixelSticks

danv

Full time elf
Store stock levels are being updated as I type.
Fresh stock of Wixel & DMX-WiFi product's should be loaded shortly.

marmalade

cats & pixels
thanks for the extra stock Dan. Attaching an instruction on how to enclose them in pvc pipe if anyone needs it. Feel free to put it on the website if it helps any.

Attachments

• Vizztech Wixel Instructions.pdf
    572 KB · Views: 31

danv

Full time elf
I am now drawing up a multi-channel WS2811 to 2-wire (H-bridge) board for personal use.
Will make available to others if there is interest, I just have a need for some :)

marmalade

cats & pixels
This is an awesome idea but of course the prob with a h- bridge is that driving both inputs high (really easy to do accidentally with xlights) completely shorts out the bridge (sometimes with pyrotechnics lol)

A xor gate on the two inputs should stop this from happening, haven't had the time to try it though.

I actually have two L298 boards I was planning on using, won't have time now so if you need one to play with let me know.

danv

Full time elf
Cool.

Some motor controller IC's cater for the both inputs on scenario and I think it could work nicely for this. Pretty good protection when using a motor driver IC also.

danv

Full time elf
Also a small update on Wixel stock levels.
I have a heap to add to the store, but I haven't yet as I am waiting on a fresh order of ESP modules to arrive.
I expect the ESP order to arrive late this week.

Bumpy2020

Apprentice elf
I'm looking to get a few wixels
If I get your ESP-01 programmer, does the ESP-01 plug straight into it to program ?
Then solder it onto the power board, and everything else can be done from a PC ?

danv

Full time elf
I'm looking to get a few wixels
If I get your ESP-01 programmer, does the ESP-01 plug straight into it to program ?
Then solder it onto the power board, and everything else can be done from a PC ?
Hi Bumpy2020,
Yes the ESP-01 plugs straight into the programmer. I added a switch for putting the ESP-01 module into programming mode on power-up, but most users just short the pins briefly to enable programming.
Once the firmware is loaded, everything is configured via the ESPixelStick http interface.
Take a look here for switch wiring, etc.
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/pr...ogram-an-esp-01-circuit-with-the-arduino-ide/

danv

Full time elf
Thanks
Order placed, I might have more questions as I go

Not a problem mate. Happy to help if you get stuck.
I have a fresh batch of ESP modules hopefully arriving this week. Your order will ship as soon as I receive them.

danv

Full time elf
Lots of Wixel's in stock now!

I have 50 x corrected PCB's for the PixAmp's on their way to me as well as 50 x DMX-WiFi PCB's.

I also just placed an order for the first lot of 10 x 2811 2-Wire Controller PCB's.

danv

Full time elf
I also just placed an order for the first lot of 10 x 2811 2-Wire Controller PCB's.

Special thanks to David and Alan for constructive criticism and helping me have a "lightbulb" moment regarding driving the H-bridge :)