F16v3 controller....

cdallen

New elf
Hi team... Curious on what's happening here...

I'm using 5v to power my controller.. I was using the right hand side first (ports 9 to 16) and this year I've had to expand onto the left side. I've run additional power from PSU to the power input..all good.. anyways, I opened the box all my hardware is in the other night to find everything running, however, the negative wire had come out of the controller.. I turned it all off and rewired... How come it was still running (in not an electrician)?

Thanks

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
In your setup there must be more than one path from the power supply to controller. This is common for setups with power injection.

darylc

404 darylc not found
the 2 banks on board the F16v3 (same for F16v2 and expansion boards) share a ground plane as well which depending on your setup may explain it.

I would caution everyone to make sure that their terminal connectors into their controllers, expansion boards, fuse boards etc are correctly tightened. I've seen members (using all sorts of brands/types of equipment) with melted input connectors due to wires not being properly tightened.