Closed Falcon F16v3 & F48 E1.31 pixel controller 2019 buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulk buy close date
Mar 31, 2019

darylc

404 darylc not found
Some notes about the new Smart Receivers. To use them to their full potential and daisy chain them etc then you probably need to upgrade the software on your controllers. If you want them to act as old style receivers then set the 2 DIP switches to off.

Software:
For F4v3, F16v3, F48 you need to upgrade to version 2.51 for full support. Since this version is a first release there could be bugs and you may need to upgrade again once updates are released. Latest software can be found under the support section on http://pixelcontroller.com.

Version 2.51 & instructions can be obtained from:
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/firmware/f16v3/F16V3_2_51.zip
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/firmware/f48/F48_2_51.zip
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/firmware/f4v3/F4V3_2_51.zip

Upgrading:
To upgrade you will need a micro SD card and the ability to copy files onto it from your computer.

If you have a white F16v3 you will need to upgrade both the boot loader and the firmware (the fal and fl2 file)
If you have a white F48 that you received from me prior to this week you will need to upgrade both the boot loader and the firmware (the fal and fl2 file)
If you have a black F16v3 then you just need to upgrade the firmware (the fl2 file)
If you have a F48 that you received from me from 26th July onwards then it should have come with v2.50 directly from me.
If you have a blue or red F16v2 or F4v2, there is not currently any software available that supports smart receivers.

You should expect to factory reset your controller during the upgrade process.

Test Mode:
If you have 2811 compatible pixels then you can use test mode on the receiver. This functions even if the receiver is not connected to a controller. Press the test button to engage test mode, press it again to change to a different test mode, old the test button in to end test mode.

T1/T2/T3/T4 Jumper (or DIP switches in later board versions) settings:
T1, T2, T3, T4 are termination resisters and should only be enabled on the last receiver in the chain. They should all be removed on any receiver that has another receiver daisy chained from it. In later revisions of the board, these jumpers have become dip switches but are still labelled T1, T2, T3 & T4.

Mode DIP switch settings:
1 & 2 OFF: Act as old style receiver
1 OFF, 2 ON: Smart Receiver ID A
1 ON, 2 OFF: Smart Receiver ID B
1 ON, 2 ON: Smart Receiver ID C

Troubleshooting:
If you don't see the 4 data leds lit up then you may have a bad connection from your controller to the receiver
If you have flickering pixels then it could be that you have configured the Falcon to use a smart receiver, but have the smart receiver DIP switches set to act as an old style receiver

Note:
Whilst you can put both old style receivers and smart receivers on the same controller at the same time, each individual port can only have one type at a time. E.g. you cannot daisy chain an old style receiver from a smart receiver.

Distance limitation is from the controller to the last smart receiver in the chain. The signal is not regenerated by each smart receiver.

Last edited:

B_P_J

Full time elf
Thanks Daryl, got all mine yesterday, just didn't see it till I went to bed last night... lol.. everything there, hoping to turn it on tomorrow...

andy932

New elf
Thanks Daryl. Got mine today. Wasn’t expecting it so soon. Thanks for all the work you do. Would have anymore of the stickers you sent. Wanting about 4 more if I can get them.

bpratt

Senior elf
I'll bet Daryl is briefing a huge sigh of relief after shipping out all of this years group buy.

Got my 'toys' today, now I've just got to pull my finger out to do my layout and buy some pixels.

Thanks for your efforts Daryl.

darylc

404 darylc not found
The rest of the orders were dropped off at the post office today. Tracking numbers are updated in the google sheet linked earlier in this thread. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Pooch

New elf
Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work.

Thanks Daryl for your work.

kinglights

Full time elf
Hi Daryl, Just letting you know I received my order to day.. Thanks so much for getting this all together for everyone.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Thanks Daryl. Got mine today. Wasn’t expecting it so soon. Thanks for all the work you do. Would have anymore of the stickers you sent. Wanting about 4 more if I can get them.

On the sticker front, last year when I saw David Pitts he gave me a pile of stickers. I had a few left this year so I randomly put them in some peoples boxes as a bonus. Sorry I don't have any more.

Danno

Apprentice elf
My presents arrived yesterday, thanks Daryl :D
You're an absolute legend for making this group buy happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.